Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Question about posting images

kshansen ยท 2022-04-08 09:47

Is there a way to post more than the four in one file that seems to be the limit? Say is there a way to combine 10 or 12 into one file, maybe a PDF? I have some old Sales brochures I'd like to upload but don't want to overload the forum if that is a problem. Maybe is a posting site that could be used and a link put in an email? Any suggestions welcome! Ken in NY

Replies13
  1. #1StumpyWally2022-04-09 12:11

    You could create & share a folder in your Google Drive. Then post a link to either the folder or individual files in the folder. This is basically what I've ended up doing in my thread here HeavyEquipmentForums

  2. #2Tinkerer2022-04-09 15:14

    This is 12 pages from a service manual that I have in .pdf format. When you click on it, it will automatically download of your browser. There is another way to do it if you only have a printed brochure. I don't know what the size in KBs limit to post in a thread is. To view them you need to have a .pdf viewer installed in your computer. I don't how to view it with a phone. I simply extracted them with Acrobat DC and saved as a separate file.

  3. #3Tinkerer2022-04-09 19:45

    This is the same .pdf manual converted to .JPEG. The HEF server has 4 page limit it seems.

  4. #4Tinkerer2022-04-10 09:52

    These are the same pages after I converted the .pdfs to .jpgs and then combined them. There may be a server size limit for a single .JPG image like this one.

  5. #5Tinkerer2022-04-10 10:07

    Ken; I think you could copy the pages of your brochures with a scanner and save the scans as a .JPEGs. Then use an online .JPG combiner like I did.

  6. #6kshansen2022-04-11 09:08

    Sound like an idea, do you have a link to the "combiner" you used? Also any recommendation on the resolution for the scans?

  7. #7Tinkerer2022-04-11 10:20

    I used this one ---> https://www.filesmerge.com/merge-jpg I use an HP Envy 6000 printer with the default setting for scanning. I never gave any thought about changing it. You could scan a page and then view it. If it looks as good as the page in the brochure, that is as good as it will get. IMHO of course.

  8. #8kshansen2022-04-12 15:56

    Thanks, I'll give that one a try!

  9. #9uffex2022-04-14 04:06

    Good day With a mac if you open a PDF file in finder with the "Thumnail" option you can join additional PDF files by simply dragging those into the last thumbnail & save. If you do not have a Mac download "Master PDF Editor" I can recommend that one but do not click on update as you will get charged for it. Kind regards Uffex

  10. #10Vetech632022-04-14 08:05

    Hey! NO ONE wants to see you in your undies!

  11. #11Tinkerer2022-04-14 08:27

    I looked at the Master PDF Editor website. Is the watermark that the free version inserts very noticeable ?

  12. #12uffex2022-04-14 10:30

    Good day Tinkerer I have used the subscribed version for some time, initially the free version is good to try and see if it suits your needs. I have never published one of the free PDF's, so I'm not sure how visible the watermark is. If you make use of a Linux distro there is so much free software, I guess there will be a completely free application to do what you need. Kind regards Uffex

  13. #13uffex2022-05-02 05:11

    Good day As an experiment I have opened Libre Office (Free office package) made a simple presentation of Zorin and simply exported this in PDF format. It has only taken a few moments, the Zorin platform runs without virus protection - updates are free of charge. The software included is comprehensive, in fact I have removed a lot of programs I will never use. You can download a free version and run it from a memory stick a little slow maybe but easy to try, and why not it costs nothing.