Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

question about weight of dozer

carogator ยท 2010-09-06 10:51

I have searched and tried all I know to find a website or guide to Cat weights and came up empty. Does anyone have any idea how or where to find the operating weight of a 1952 D6 9U cable Cat with 6N winch on rear? Any help will be much appreciated.

Replies11
  1. #1Old Magnet2010-09-06 12:07

    Here are some weights: Bare tractor 9U 17,215 lbs D6N 1,635 lbs w/o cable Blade angle w/#24 CCU 3,900 lbs Blade straight w/#24 CCU 3,365 lbs. Add for misc and any ROPS structure etc.

  2. #2carogator2010-09-06 13:19

    Thank you Old Magnet. That is just what I needed. But where did you find it? for future ref.

  3. #3YELLOMTLMILITIA2010-09-06 14:59

    Caterpillar Performance Handbook (Caterpillar bible) has a section on former models

  4. #4Old Magnet2010-09-06 16:31

    Info retrieved from my library of original parts, service and specification manuals. Not available from any single source that I know of.

  5. #5carogator2010-09-06 16:59

    Then I really appreciate the effort put forth to get this information for me . Thanks again.

  6. #6frogfarmer2010-09-06 17:09

    25k seems light for a D6 although given the source I guess its right. Give a call to your local heavy hauler and see if those numbers work for their permits. My permits are for 35k to move my D6. My permits are for over width not over weight.

  7. #7Old Magnet2010-09-06 23:07

    9U,s were not that heavy.....highest # among specs is a 17,730 lb. operating weight. Not like the D6C's that jumped to 30k+ lbs.

  8. #8YELLOMTLMILITIA2010-09-07 00:04

    CPH says the D6 9U wieghs 17,975, i wonder if that is with ROPS??? It says they didnt start including the weight of the blade until 1967. interstingly enough the D6B had significant less drawbar power than the 9u but weighed 500lbs more.

  9. #9Old Magnet2010-09-07 00:53

    Can't always believe those rehashed stats. My original literature shows drawbar hp is same for 9U & B at 75hp with operating weights of 17,730 and 18,280 lbs. No ROPS back in them days.

  10. #10YELLOMTLMILITIA2010-09-07 01:16

    Im sorry I meant Drawbar pull it says the d6 9u had 19k lbs of pull and the D6B had 16,240 lbs of pull. You are correct the Hp is the same for both machines though

  11. #11Old Magnet2010-09-07 11:47

    By my original spec sheets they are both rated the same at 17,000 lbs pull but under lugging conditions the 9U makes 18,700 lbs and the B gets 19,495.