Anyone familiar with Ryco hydraulic hoses. I am looking to open a new branch in an area that already has a gates hose store. I sell gates hose at my current location. How is the quality of the hose in real world applications. I have already spoken with the rep and he has assured me quality will not be an issue. I am concerned about product availability in the states. Gates hoses machines are every where and fittings can be acquired easily. I am just kicking this around so any input would be appreciated. Thanks.
TBH Iv'e never had any more problems with Ryco hoses and fittings than Parker, Gates or any of the others. In the past I liked to use Pirtek or ENZED because I was on the move so if they failed I had a national warranty but they also charged more than a local independent repairer. In those days I was running as dedicated hydraulic driven forestry mulcher.
Agree with Tones, Ryco hoses and fittings have been around for a long time and are very good quality. The Ryco 24/7 franchises are a more recent innovation but we don’t have one nearby. Enzed and Pirtek are more common but can charge like scrub bulls, usually cheaper to buy a genuine hose from Cat than them.
what Queenslander said ^^^^^^
Thanks for the replys . I spoke to the rep again today. We are going to work some pricing for the initial inventory. I sell gates at my current location . I plan to add metric and British standard at the new location.
Gates has metric and BSP hose ends. Check it out before you commit to a second non compatible line of inventory.
Thanks, I have definitely thought about staying with gates. However, supply and quality issues, as well design changes that IMO make no sense has cost me lots if business. For example, the 12gs-12fforx fitting has for years fitted to an 1 3/8 wrench now it takes 1 7/16 wrench. Two problems here, if an angle wrench is needed for installation I have loan my out after the customer has come back raising cain because it not the same as what he had and his machine is still down. I have lost customers that used to come to me first because of this alone. Also in tight areas such as a multiple bank valve this little bit of difference makes all the difference. No one at gates has been interested with my concerns to even call me back and help me understand why this had to change. Gates hose is so saturated here that there may be two to three layers of middle men between me and gates. But with that said, I have concerns about Ryco availability when actually in operation, just being told we can provide what you need when you need it is not the same.