Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

question on bobcat prices

MALLEN23 ยท 2005-12-15 11:29

I am interested in purchasing a Bobcat Skid Loader, model S-300. The MSRP on this model is $44,000.00. When in contact with the representative at the Bobcat dealer here, I was told that their price markup from dealer price to consumer price was only 8%. In doing my research, however, I found out that most of the other big companies such as New Holland, John Deere, etc. marked up their price in the mid 20% range (23%, 22%, 24%, and so on...). So I was wondering if anyone could possibly help me clear this up, what is the actual markup of prices on the Bobcat Skid Loader S-300 is it has an MSRP of $44,000.00. Thanks a lot in advance.

Replies2
  1. #1Tigerotor77W2005-12-15 12:23

    What options or attachments do you have on the machine? $44k for an S300 is pretty high... unless you have two-speed, enclosed cab with AC/heat, suspension seat, high flow, Power Bob-tack, rear aux. hydraulics, severe duty tires, and SJC, 8% is pretty high. Either way, I understand Bobcat's markup to be around 20% as well. If your salesman wants to undercut you that much, though, you may want to let him know he's not helping earn your trust at all.

  2. #2Bob Horrell2005-12-15 21:51

    I originally was interested in an S300 but ended up getting an S250. After research I discovered the only difference between the two was a weight kit for the extra lift capacity and different injectors for the extra 6 hp. All else is exactly the same. For these two differences they got about $2500 more. I added my own weight kit for about $300 and have yet to need any more hp. I figured if I needed more hp I would just change out the injectors myself for a whole lot less money than the difference in price between the two. I currently run the Loegering VTS track system on my S250 and still don't need the extra hp. If you haven't already, demo both of them and see if you can tell the difference and remember if the tip capacity seems low on the S250 you can easily add weights to make it the same as the S300.