Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Question on excavator conversion from computer to manual

lucian ยท 2013-03-24 08:09

Good day to all I would like to convert a hitachi ex120-2 excavator from computerized to manual(basically put in manual throttle and put in a hydraulic pump which does not use solenoids,sensors,etc) I am considering putting in a hydraulic pump from a ex100-1 and also manual throttle. My question is what else should I consider to change or add on to make the conversion complete

Replies10
  1. #1qball2013-03-25 20:04

    for all that work i would just say forget it and find a cat 225.

  2. #2mitch5042013-03-25 23:22

    A 225 Q? A 225 could carry a 120 around for a spare...

  3. #3mikebramel2013-03-26 11:22

    Typo.... 215

  4. #4Irish in oz2013-08-21 06:10

    Did you ever find more info about this? Just as a matter of interest. I wonder is there any way of using the dash 2 pumps without removing solenoids etc?

  5. #5wilko2013-08-21 09:56

    I have a thread going in excavators about this, no answers yet.... If you google hitachi manual conversion ebay you will find that there is a kit to bypass the electronics, can't find out how well it works. The hydraulic electronics and the engine electronics are separate from each other, what problems are you all having?

  6. #6Irish in oz2013-08-21 16:05

    I am having problems with neither but there is a lot of these -2 and -3 hitachis my way and it would be good to know. For the likes of them machines doing away with the engine ecu is simple enough but not so easy do away with the hydraulics ecu

  7. #7d4c24a2013-08-22 15:05

    still a bit bigger , perhaps a 205 is more on par

  8. #8mitch5042013-08-22 18:22

    Yeah, my 215c is the same size as a 320

  9. #9d4c24a2013-08-23 15:21

    you can buy kits to do it http://excavatorpartscn.en.alibaba....it_Hitachi_Excavator_EX120_2_Electrolyte.html

  10. #10Irish in oz2013-08-23 17:26

    Cool anyone ever done this or bought anything from that supplier? They have diagnostics i was looking at