Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Question on spacers around the cylinder to bucket mount

Ed ke6bnl ยท 2020-01-18 16:12

I have a new to me Case 1840 the cylinder that mount to the bucket has a lot of side to side slope where it attaches to the bucket. I am thinking I will need to make some spacers for the gap on both sides of the mount to get rid of the slop.

Replies4
  1. #1Ed ke6bnl2020-01-18 17:02

    here is what I am talking about, manybe an 1/8 in on each side or the rod end.

  2. #2phil3142020-01-18 17:58

    I don't think that is a problem. My 1845c has the same play - at both ends. The entire cylinder kind of floats on the pins about 1/8 inch. I've always thought that floating was ok. Binding up or crooked would be bad. It's been that way for 20+ years and never been a problem. That's my thoughts at least.

  3. #3highwayghost2020-01-18 18:16

    If you would think fixing is necessary, just add some washers to fill the void. Measure the bucket pin, Case has washers for most sizes similar to the link below. https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Genuin...a=1&pg=2060778&_trksid=p2060778.c100276.m3476

  4. #4Ed ke6bnl2020-01-18 19:24

    Thanks for thoughts