Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Questions on fault tree of heavy equipment

alonzo · 2024-01-14 01:19

Hi All Greetings! I would to build a kind of mining equipment (loader, dozer, trucks, etc) fault tree by defining the symptoms, causes and remedies for the different possible failures. If I consider CATERPILLAR machines, for example, can I use a CID/FMI list for this purpose ? If yes would ,the FMI be the symptoms; then what about the causes and remedies ? Or is there a standard/generic list (even short) of the different symptoms/causes/remedies on mining equipment? Regards

Replies3
  1. #1alonzo2024-05-09 10:49
  2. #2alonzo2024-05-09 11:04

    Hi ! I hope you doing are well. I am heading back again with this topic. Are there any chances that someone provide me with a list of few “diagnostics” or “causes/reasons ” terms in case of failure for all or some model of CATERPILLAR machine like 992K/777D/773G/773F/D10T/D10T-2/D8R and all or a few model of KOMATSU machine like HD785-7/PC1250-8/GD825. As stated in the previous post, for a fault tree (in my understanding) if there is failure, one has the symptoms, then the Diagnosis and the remedies applied ie the Effects then the diagnosis, then the remedies. So is there a list (even short) of generic causes/ diagnosis terms for some of these machines ? Regards

  3. #3Welder Dave2024-05-15 02:42

    I think there's too many potential things to go wrong and a lot of them can have different reasons for the failure, sometimes could be multiple reasons. Even in Cat and other service manuals there can be a long list of things to check and test in order to find the problem and/or the cause of the problem, especially on larger machines like you've listed.