Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Quick change attachments – are they different?

lccmo · 2007-12-21 23:10

Are the quick changes plates different on Bobcats then they are one new hollands or cats? Meaning can I use a Bobcat backhoe attachments on my new holland skidsteer?

Replies10
  1. #1Steve Frazier2007-12-22 03:11

    The plates are the same, but the hydraulic connectors can vary between manufacturers. I keep a spare set of connectors here in case a rented attachment doesn't have the right style.

  2. #2digger242j2007-12-22 05:59

    I'll qualify what Steve said about them being the same--while the late model ones may be the same, go back 10 or 15 years, (and there are still quite a few machines that age that are in service), and they're different, or at least the New Holland ones differ from Case ones. I haven't spent enough time on actual Bobcats to know whether they were one or the other on the older machines.

  3. #3Dwan Hall2007-12-22 09:46

    12 years ago bobcat had 3 different sizes plates. 1 for the 800 series and down, another for the 943, 953 size, yet another for the 970 through 980 series. and for the most parts none were interchangeable with other brands.

  4. #4Steve Frazier2007-12-22 11:55

    The guys are right, I wasn't thinking back that far. The manufacturers have since gotten together and standardized the mounting plates so you can share attachments between different machines.

  5. #5Serv2007-12-22 20:03

    Sorry to veer off topic but a friend of mine owns a old case 1840 along with a bunch of attachments and just bought a brand new case 400 series. He tells me that the attachment mounting configuration is different on the new one so he can't use his other attachments. Now why would case go and do something like that? here is the plate that my 1845c uses. I bought this plate back in '99. It was meant for an auger. I've made 3 copies of this plate since for a few other attachments I have. I used thicker steel on the ones I made and they have held up alot better than this one. They are very easy to make if you're handy with a welder and chopsaw and have another plate for reference.

  6. #6Serv2007-12-22 20:20

    a couple pics of one of the copies I made way back when

  7. #7Orchard Ex2007-12-22 21:40

    Hey guys, are the backhoe brackets the same? My cousin has them on his 763 and my (new to me) LS170 has what I thought were backhoe brackets, but they are different styles. Does it depend on the backhoe brand?

  8. #8Little Jon2007-12-22 22:14

    We have an MT50 bobcat and about half of our attachments are toro Dingo, so we had a plate made that allows us to use the Dingo attachemts, on the MT50.

  9. #9Steve Frazier2007-12-22 22:35

    The attachment plate on the backhoes is the same, but most of them also have an upper bracket that attaches to the machine as well. This bracket is unique to each machine, and each backhoe manufacturer.

  10. #10TriHonu2007-12-23 13:54

    Hello All, The Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) published a specification titled “Earthmoving Machinery - - Coupling of Attachments to Skid Steer Loaders“ in June 2000. SAE Specification The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) has also published this standard as 24410 in 2005. The specification actually describes the area that is reserved for the loader side of the attachment. The SAE specification is Metric. I don't know when the manufactures began using the "Bobcat" design since as stated previously Bobcat had a number of different sized mounts. They also had variations over time of the loader side of the mount. I have a Bobcat 4in1 bucket where the mount fits on my 763, but the hydraulic hoses connected to the bucket in the bottom center of the mount. (Where my loader mount would have to crush the hoses to seat in to the mount.) Earlier Bobcat mounts (loader side) did not fully support the back of the mount. Case 1845s also had the same sized mount, but also did not fully support the back of the mount. I bought a Bradco Backhoe that had a Case mount that had two pieces of steel welded to the attachment plate in the bottom 1/3 of the mount that protruded toward the loader. The two pieces of steel kept the mount from shifting side to side. I just torched off the two pieces and the mount fit properly on my 763. There were also variations on the distance between the locking pins. The standardized mount has dramatically increased the number of attachments available to us. It has also greatly increased the value of an attachment when it can be used on different manufactures loaders.