I have a JD590D 150 size excavatror with a S29 Rammer hammer.Looking at putting some quick change connectors on to reduce changeover pain. Any recommendations on this? The hoses are inch. So far Im told that flat face type are perhaps best,whatever they are.Thanks
We only use JIC -16 . Yeah, it's a little messy. No heat, no restriction, no broken lock collar. If you do change to flat face quick coupler, recheck your flow. It may change.
Stucchi connect under pressure couplers.
I use Stucchi VEPHD17 on all my machines that size. Put both males on the carrier. Don't buy the Stucchi wrench (breaks within days). I use a 55mm short offset wrench purchased for $50 through mcmaster-carr. I use VEPHD21 on all the bigger stuff.
The instructions for my NPK breaker specified using only their quick connect units. Standard quick connects will disintegrate internally from the pulses. JD shop foreman said that is the reason they will not install quick connects on any hammer. They supply with screw together connectors and matching steel caps/plugs.
Great info. Thanks. Im going to look into the stuchi ones or might just stay with messy.
For a 2000lbs hammers and bigger push lock flat faces dont hold up the pulse of oil on the return side takes them out pretty quick stucci is the only thing I have ever seen to work but gosh they are damn expensive I wouldn't put a quick connect on anything bigger than what your doing yea it's a little messy but a coffe can and shut off valves at the conection on the machine make it simple I bet my change time is under 5 minutes mostly