Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Quick d7e question

chevota84 ยท 2011-05-21 21:26

Its an old 7 not the new one, every once in a while it pushes oil out the dipstick tube. We checked and cleared the vent but it still does it. Is there a common problem with this? I believe it's a 343 engine if that helps. Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Replies3
  1. #1Greg2011-05-22 22:53

    d7 won't have a 343 in it, that is a six cylinder. D8's had 342's until the D8L's. It is probably a 339. Sounds like maybe your rings are getting weak.

  2. #2chevota842011-05-22 23:10

    Its a 339 I don't know why I was thinking 343, probably the 4 in it I guess. Do you happen to have a compression spec for it? Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

  3. #3wayne.d72011-05-27 20:44

    d7e check that the crank case breather is clean ,there is a screen in it that can block up