Besides the missing data plate, is there any other place to locate the serial# on this clapped out beast?
Good day Coaldust I suggest check out the engine plate that may well help to identify the model. Kind regards Uffex
The only Japanese manufacturer that I know of that stamps the frames in that era was Sumitomo. I did inspection of plenty of gray market machines with the tags gone and no ID. I've never seen where any engine plate would give you the machine ID except for Cat and that was spotty on the older machines. It is still worth a try.
Thanks Gents. Thats a good point. This thing could very well be a gray market machine. That makes sense along with a few other clues. Its rough. It now lives on an original, 4th generation, Colony farm in Palmer. It once had a magnet on it and worked in a scrap yard in Portland. It’s one of the most clapped out excavators I’ve ever seen, that still works.