Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

quick hitch

jsmith6752 ยท 2009-03-02 18:51

I have an 1840 case with a hitch problem. The pins that slide down to lock the bucket bottom out on the clevis pins that hold the pins in place. I compared to the case parts list and everything is there?????????? any suggestions...thanks

Replies10
  1. #1KSSS2009-03-02 18:59

    I have had a half dozen 1840s. Can you post a picture of the problem?

  2. #2td25c2009-03-02 19:42

    Are the lock pin's not engaging?

  3. #3Goose2009-03-02 21:54

    The pins should hit when the lock pin is all the way extended. That is what makes the linkage go over center to lock in place. When the pin hits the linkage should slip through the yoke while it compresses the spring and then snap over center and lock.

  4. #4jsmith67522009-03-02 22:57

    thanks thanks for your response...I will get some pictures tomorrow and post them. The adjustable rod above the pins is cranked down to the end of the threads. It is not flipping over center all the way. I have them strapped down but the darn lever broke....

  5. #5jsmith67522009-03-03 19:43

    here are the pics the pins look to short...as you can see the clevis is bottomed out????

  6. #6td25c2009-03-03 21:16

    The clevis look's bent.That would keep the pin from engauging all the way.I had to lube my pins today on my 8875 deere.Thats something you cant do to often.

  7. #7td25c2009-03-03 21:29

    I might be wrong,the more I look at it ,it look's like the clevis is made that way.you do have some extra thread's on top.you might be able to adjust it.

  8. #8jsmith67522009-03-03 23:14

    better photo This picture shows the lever all the way down. There is not much left going through the bucket. The nuts are bottomed out on the rods. I guess I could thread them more to let them pop over center and stay in place. Does this look like a typical set up ? thanks

  9. #9td25c2009-03-03 23:33

    That look's like the wedge pin is all the way in.dose it not lock the bucket? If not maybe it has alot of were. when I change my atachments I always make sure thier is not dirt biult up on the face of the tool bar that could cause truble.

  10. #10TALLRICK2009-03-04 10:02

    That looks normal to me, the bucket is designed to fit against the bottom rather closely. When I have had someone with trouble locking the bucket it was due to the flange being bent and the bucket slots not being in range. Every Bobcat I have gotten had one missing, at least on your Case it's all there.