I'm doing the pins and bushes on 2,2t excavator. After looking at the quick hitch a little closer, the 30mm pin holes are more oval than round and about 34mm, so there is lots of give in it. I expected the quick hitch to have some kind of bush, but it looks like it never did. What's the best approach to fixing this? I thought about welding a 30mm bush to the outer side of the hole, but I'm not convinced this will be strong enough? I guess drilling out the holes to 40mm and welding in a 30mm bush would be a better solution, but more difficult? Is there a 'standard' way to repair this or is it scrap? Thanks
Line bore and install bushings price it out and see compared to a new coupler and you'll have your answer.
Its not a great quick hitch, so I don't think its worth line boring, I'll give it a go drilling out a 40mm hole and welding in a bush. If that doesn't work out then its scrap...