Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Quick question, does bobcat hydraulic bucket attach keep flow on?

zeroo · 2021-03-29 11:52

I took a buddy’s cylinder off to get repaired and wrapped and tied his lines up for now. He was running it today and said the rubber glove I used on line ends is blowing up. Only thing I can think is that there is a little constant pressure there to keep cylinder closed. This bobcat is a couple years old. Not sure of number.

Replies4
  1. #1lantraxco2021-03-29 23:47

    If you left the hoses uncapped I can guess that the control valve has anti cavitation checks on the work ports and they will be connected to the tank return gallery. When you get enough back pressure on the return at times, it will force oil through the checks and out the open ends of the hoses. On some machines it's a LOT of oil!

  2. #2CM19952021-03-30 08:53

    The QC lines on our T250 have been capped for years now. I think I used brass plugs to plug the end of the lines with no leaks. FWIW

  3. #3Txhayseed2021-03-31 10:15

    Yes the control have has several anti cavitation valves. What cylinder did you take off ? The lift and lower as well as bucket cylinders are tied together. Cap the lines with plugs. Your. Using the machine minus a cylinder???? Why?? Hopefully its a power bobtach cylinder you took off. If its a tilt or lift cylinder and your working the machine.... Sounds like trouble waiting to happen

  4. #4CM19952021-03-31 11:28

    The title of the thread says the OP took the hydraulic bucket attach off. The one has been off My T250 for years.