Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

R/C D9R dozer

dirtpusher9 · 2009-02-13 20:35

Hello my name is Joe and I found this site today and love it. I'm building an R/C dozer and thought I'd share a little. You can find pics and text at http://www.gardentrucking.com/yabb/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1218407527 Hope you enjoy.

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies204
  1. #1redline2009-02-13 21:11

    looks great mate

  2. #2dirtpusher92009-02-15 10:48
  3. #3gpap1232009-02-16 12:41

    wow!

  4. #4Canadian_digger2009-02-17 12:54

    Holy smokes! Do you build all that from scatch?

  5. #5JDOFMEMI2009-02-17 15:06

    What a dozer I just read the thread you linked to, all 14 pages of it, and you have done an incredible job. Do continue to share it with us, Please.

  6. #6bluntman410g2009-02-17 15:13

    :thumbsupi want one!

  7. #7AtlasRob2009-02-17 15:20

    Glad you posted some pics Joe, that is one wicked piece of work :notworthy

  8. #8doncampbell2009-02-17 18:43

    That is very cool to see !! , I can really relate to that , ha,ha. well, almost , mine is just a static model, ?? www.doncampbellmodels.com

  9. #9dirtpusher92009-02-17 18:53

    Thanks for looking guys. Yes, it is all from scratch, using scrap metal I had (except for the the tracks). Had to buy some ''T'' steel and machine them, lots of work but it gave me something to do on rainouts.

  10. #10dirtpusher92009-02-17 18:58

    I've visited your site on many occasions, Don. Nice work. I wish I could this work full time, but my boss won't let me off my blade. lol

  11. #11doncampbell2009-02-17 19:05

    Thanks, Looks like you are a few steps ahead of me because your Dozer really works, !! How fun !! Great JOB !!

  12. #12D5G2009-02-19 12:42

    awesome job!

  13. #13dirtpusher92009-03-16 19:27

    Got the winch painted today. To tacky to put the cable on it.

  14. #14darinray2009-03-16 20:18

    HOLY SMOKES... WOW!!!! Me want one bad. Seriously though about what woudl the cost of that be? Sorry for asking but I am very curious. Darin

  15. #15dirtpusher92009-03-16 20:45

    Thanks. Are you talking about the winch or the whole thing?

  16. #16darinray2009-03-16 20:50

    Actually the whole thing. Darin

  17. #17dirtpusher92009-03-16 20:54

    The highest offer so far is $16,000.

  18. #18darinray2009-03-16 20:56

    SWEET! Good for you and sure wish I could have one. Will continue to watch for sure. Thanks for your replies. Darin

  19. #19dirtpusher92009-03-16 21:00

    I hope to have some more done pretty quick. Thanks for looking.

  20. #20AtlasRob2009-03-18 17:23

    Fantastic job, the detail is quite incredible, thanks for the update :notworthy

  21. #21dirtpusher92009-03-18 18:01

    Thank you sir. A litle more paint.

  22. #22AtlasRob2009-03-18 18:03

    Awesome detail :notworthy I hope you are going to use some silver paint on the bottom third of that blade you dont want it looking like its never done any work

  23. #23dirtpusher92009-03-18 18:57

    I'm going to wear it off, just like the real thing, Rob.lol Forgot to mention that the cuting edges need to be case hardened, then I'll put them on.

  24. #24Hendrik2009-03-19 01:51

    Yeah and some grease stains and some empty junk food wrappers in the cab, do they make miniature soft drink bottles? So what's the hourly rate going to be when they want the sandpit at the local playground leveled out? Guess the next project will be a low loader to shift the beast. Although I think they make a model truck in that size but I have misplaced the link to the website. Found it http://www.rccarsandtrucks.co.uk/611_1_105414210.html http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP7mul_9S0Q&feature=related

  25. #25JDOFMEMI2009-03-19 10:46

    Thanks for the updates Dirtpusher9 You have one detailed Cat there. Can't wait to see it pushing some dirt.

  26. #26alan627b2009-03-20 01:03

    You want to really get inspired and/or depressed about your modeling abilities? Check this out...I think it can be found on garden trucking also.... R/C D11R, working hydraulics. http://www.das-baumaschinen-forum.de/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=3783&pageNo=3&067ba2b2

  27. #27JDOFMEMI2009-03-20 11:30

    Alan I have seen that one before. Did not think to post it though. What amazing detail.

  28. #28AtlasRob2009-03-20 17:54

    I spotted but then completely forgot to mention the bolt holes for the cutting edges :cool2

  29. #29dirtpusher92009-03-20 20:56

    I've fallowed his build on the D11R since he first posted, it is Amazing. Joe

  30. #30Speedpup2009-03-24 17:18

    Incredible talent and patience you have. Totally amazing! Any idea of the time into it?:drinkup:drinkup

  31. #31dirtpusher92009-03-25 20:47

    Thanks, It was started in Nov. 06. I've built it on rain outs and weekends (sometimes). I do know it's a bunch, but I've enjoyed it.

  32. #32Speedpup2009-03-26 19:09

    good for tight jobs

  33. #33dirtpusher92009-03-26 20:04

    I was thinking I mite start doing some grade work on sidewalks and maybe some curb and gutter with it. lol

  34. #34dirtpusher92009-04-02 19:56

    Shouldn't be long now.

  35. #35cat 3852009-04-02 20:30

    wow, nice detail !

  36. #36dirtpusher92009-04-03 10:36

    Lift cylinders and tilt cylinder.

  37. #37JDOFMEMI2009-04-03 12:56

    That is looking really good. Can't wait to see the finished tractor out pushing some dirt

  38. #38Speedpup2009-04-04 13:19

    :woohoo:woohoo yes

  39. #39dirtpusher92009-04-06 22:19

    Thanks.

  40. #40JDOFMEMI2009-04-07 02:29

    It even has wipers on the door windows! A simply amazing eye for detail!

  41. #41Speedpup2009-04-07 19:30

    just showed my wife and she told me for all she knows it looks like a full size piece of equipment That really about sums it up great work.

  42. #42dirtpusher92009-04-08 19:09

    Thanks, for the kind words. It was suppose to have had more detail, but I got in a rush and forgot before it was to late. Had it set up for the sliding windows, but it didn't work out like I wanted it to, so I scraped it.

  43. #43AtlasRob2009-04-10 13:26

    Awesome talent, the detail is incredible :notworthy

  44. #44Bellboy2009-04-12 06:28

    Wow, that will look so cool when its finished.

  45. #45dirtpusher92009-05-17 13:47

    Still waiting on hydraulics.

  46. #46Speedpup2009-05-17 19:36

    :drinkup some project can't wait to see it done! Very, very talented to do that project.

  47. #47tdozer2009-05-17 20:33

    I wish that i was small enough to fit in the cab . That is absolutely amazing:notworthy. Cant wait to see it hoggin dirt.

  48. #48Feed Bunk2009-05-17 20:38

    That thing is just awsome.

  49. #49dirtpusher92009-05-18 19:52

    Thanks for looking guy's, should be finished soon.

  50. #50Tweak2009-05-20 01:27

    Nice work dirtpusher-just curious as to what sort of power is going to be in it....electric, gas/oil mix, nitro engine converted to diesel....davis diesel development has some things that may work good here, although you probably know about it already if you built this thing.

  51. #51ghitch752009-05-20 14:14

    thats really cool!!!!....nice work....you'll have to make a video of it pushin' dirt!!

  52. #52dirtpusher92009-05-20 21:20

    Thanks guys. It will be powered by two drill motors with the factory planetaries, then geared down another 4to1. Gives me right at 70 ft/lbs of torque over all. I'll make a video of it pushing and post it.

  53. #53Iron Horse2009-05-21 04:00

    How can one man be so talented ?

  54. #54BigIron252009-06-01 22:54

    Wow the detail on this model is just rediculous. Awesome job. There are no words to describe how beautiful of a job you did on this. :drinkup

  55. #55dirtpusher92009-06-04 22:14

    I appreciate the kind words. The first pushing test went well I'd say, it will push me. (205 lbs.) Video soon!!!!!!!!

  56. #56dirtpusher92009-06-12 23:00

    Hope to have a video tomorrow. Here's a couple pics. Been in the dirt, and done very well.

  57. #57Hendrik2009-06-12 23:51

    Ooooh myyyy God, you got dirt on it We want videos now and sound effects plus black smoke when it's bogging down . Seriously though, very well done, have you kept a track of the amount of hours and money that went into it?

  58. #58dirtpusher92009-06-13 22:47

    Thanks Hendrik. It took 2 1/2 years to complete, mainly rainouts and weekends. My nephew came down and took a short video of the 9. The clicking noise is the tracks were to tight. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlW01c2CwSs

  59. #59Hendrik2009-06-13 22:56

    So you won't be knocking up any more in the foreseeable future? Although you will need to make a tiny little pressure washer to clean it with. I know they make an add on for model trucks to provide sound effects but don't know if they make that sort of thing for earthmoving equipment? So what are you planning to do with now? Sell it? Take it to model shows? Put it on the shelf or let the kiddies play with it?

  60. #60dirtpusher92009-06-13 23:10

    I have a couple people wanting to buy it, definently not kidds. Really would like to build a 463 pull scraper to pull behind the 9. Have tought about some sound.

  61. #61tippatone2009-06-13 23:18

    Hey dirtpusher9, that video rocks. You are a very talented person. Would love to see a scraper, please do it.:yup

  62. #62ghitch752009-06-13 23:24

    that is just to cool!!!!.....you did a great job on it!!!.... BTW what does it weigh?

  63. #63Hendrik2009-06-14 00:10

    No no no that needs to go into the Cat museum, if there is such a thing.

  64. #64tippatone2009-06-14 01:12

    Yes indeed, I agree

  65. #65dirtpusher92009-06-14 15:17

    Thanks guys. Here are two more. Shows the pushing capabilities better. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjJQVRi6udU&feature=channel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64O9w-AMdOw&feature=channel ghitch75, it weighs 82lbs.

  66. #66Steve Frazier2009-06-14 15:39

    If you were to dub in Cat recordings, you'd fool a lot of people!! That's the most realistic model I've ever seen! Does the weather cap work on the pipe? If you propped it open it would be even more difficult to figure it out.

  67. #67tippatone2009-06-14 18:33

    I could watch that video all day. It looks so real, the only thing missing is the sound of the motor. Great work!!

  68. #68dirtpusher92009-06-15 18:48

    Thanks for looking guys. The weather cap does work. It was built in mind of having a smoker installed, but haven't seen one yet that will put out like I need.

  69. #69CAT D9H2009-06-15 19:16

    I agree , My house is like a Cat museum ,send'er my way it'll look good displayed with my other Cat models, I also would like to know what it weighs

  70. #70fireman0502009-06-16 18:23

    the video says 82lbs

  71. #71JDOFMEMI2009-06-16 20:10

    WOW!!! I just watched all 5 of the YouTube videos, and I am very impressed at the work you have done, both in the build, and in the operation. With the tinted glass so you can't see the lack of an operator in there, it would pass as the real deal if it just had some engine noise. the growl of the motors is almost enough though. Sounds much like a 9 backing up a steep slope, struggling a bit. Did you find an answer yet to the popping tracks? It seems the sprocket is packing some, with the small teeth. Hard to prevent in the red soil you have there. I've been looking forward to the completion since your first post, and you did not disappoint.

  72. #72dirtpusher92009-06-16 21:37

    Thanks for the kind words. The popping was because I had the tracks too tight, Jerry. The day before the video, I tightened them up and got a little carried away.lol It's all taken care of now. Thanks again.

  73. #73PipeLayer2009-06-23 12:42

    Great job. The videos are amazing.

  74. #74dirtpusher92009-07-19 09:52

    Thank you sir. Hope to have some new videos up soon.

  75. #75dirtpusher92009-07-26 15:19

    Here's a NEW video. Some shots of the detail. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZRhC_tAKRg

  76. #76Steve Frazier2009-07-26 15:34

    That is absolutely amazing!!! I'd love to see someone dub in some real Cat noise over the video, no one would know the difference!! I can't get over the detail, the oil residue on the fill neck of that one tank and the one roller being off color are great touches. I just can't come up with words for how impressed I am. I used to model trucks from kits when I was younger, this is just amazing.

  77. #77JDOFMEMI2009-07-26 20:17

    It just looks better and better the more I see. Like Steve says, a bit of a soundtrack and no one could tell it was not full size.

  78. #78dirtpusher92009-07-26 21:29

    Thank you men. Here is another video that was made when the track was still popping, but I think it is a good one. Steve for you and Jerry I've left a little to the imagination. lol

  79. #79tippatone2009-07-26 22:30

    That is some great stuff, you are a true artist, keep doing it, it's awesome to watch

  80. #80dirtpusher92009-07-28 19:48

    So lets try the video one more time. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIdg9gfCKow&feature=channel

  81. #81Tri-Star2009-07-28 19:56

    I want to see it go off a slope and back up!!!!!! I am really impressed!

  82. #82dirtpusher92009-07-29 19:11

    I'll try and remember that, next time I tape.

  83. #83excav8r2009-08-02 14:47

    I second that. How many hours do u have building it?

  84. #84dirtpusher92009-08-03 20:33

    Just guessing, probably 2000 to 2500 hrs.

  85. #85wingnut2009-08-10 16:48

    Dirtpusher9 , I just get over how realalistic it looks , Awesome craftmans ship !!!

  86. #86dirtpusher92009-08-10 21:28

    Thanks wingnut. Which Hubbard are you from, there are two?

  87. #87dirtpusher92009-08-16 17:00

    If your not tired of seeing videos of this thing, here's one more. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzVsN3GAmew&feature=channel

  88. #88JDOFMEMI2009-08-16 17:51

    Great work. I don't think there is any worry about us getting tired of watching your masterpiece work.

  89. #89pecpower12009-08-17 04:18

    nice job on the d9

  90. #90Speedpup2009-08-19 20:34

    great work you should try making 100's and 20's next

  91. #91dirtpusher92009-09-01 07:15

    Thank you. I might as well start printing money,the government is doing it. Oh that's right, they can do what ever they want, even violate the constitution.

  92. #92dirtpusher92009-10-02 18:23

    Got started on the 463 scraper/pan the other day. Going to be a big devil at 45'' overall length. Here's a couple pics.

  93. #93mrrs192009-10-02 19:04

    great great great work

  94. #94tonka2009-10-02 19:13

    I love the wear on the blade, looks great!

  95. #95heavylift2009-10-02 19:22

    !!!!wow!!! ​ I'm surprised Caterpillar hasn't been beating on your door daily... or filling your inbox with offers..

  96. #96dozerdave2009-10-02 19:30

    Hi dirtpusher9, One of the greatest tools ever made for steep country. You are a real craftsman.

  97. #97JDOFMEMI2009-10-03 00:27

    dirtpusher9 Did you include enough hydraulic capacity for the scraper when you built the dozer? I think you may have mentioned it, but I can't remember. You look like you have a good start to it. Can't wait to see it heaped up with dirt behind your awsome D-9

  98. #98dirtpusher92009-10-03 19:41

    Thanks for all the compliments. I contacted Cat about getting a licence, because I'd had several people wanting me to build them a model like mine. Cat wrote me back and said that the licence was Very expensive and that do to the economy being so bad they weren't doing any licencing at all. He said it was a cool toy though. I'll more than likely put another pump on the scraper itself, due to the small size of the pump and reservoir. It will take no time to hook it up that way also. Joe

  99. #99dirtpusher92009-10-04 10:19

    A little too close for comfort. YouTube - Opps!!!!!

  100. #100Steve Frazier2009-10-04 12:52

    LOL!!! No cheating!! It would have sucked if it had rolled, think of how long it would have to sit there while you build a crane to lift it out!!

  101. #101ghitch752009-10-04 13:41

    boy if you where in it!!!...you would have had to change your shorts!!!!....LOL.....thats just to cool!!!!

  102. #102heavylift2009-10-04 13:59

    the operator was probably texting You need a sharpshooter wedge in between the cab and rops

  103. #103dirtpusher92009-10-05 22:04

    LOL, you guy's have some good imaginations. Thanks for looking.

  104. #104jm622009-10-08 21:33

    dirtpusher9, absolutely awesome, I have rc cars but nothing that compares to what you do. Mine will go fast but I would rather that they could push dirt. I think that would be a whole lot more fun! Any progress on the scraper? Can't wait, I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas, anticipaiting your completion or at least a progress report. :thumbsup

  105. #105dirtpusher92009-10-09 21:33

    Sorry, nothing to report. Been working and building some parts for another guy. Should have a lot of time in the shop pretty quick, with winter coming on.

  106. #106jm622009-10-09 22:55

    For the wallets sake I hope you don't have to much time down, but hopefully just enough to get it buttoned up so we can see. Keep up the awesome work. will wait with anticipation.

  107. #107Wrench_one2009-10-16 20:30

    really cool dozer !!!

  108. #108dirtpusher92009-10-31 22:11

    More progress on the scraper.

  109. #109JDOFMEMI2009-11-01 14:26

    Looking good Dirtpusher.

  110. #110jm622009-11-01 15:02

    Dirtpusher9, i have to say that you are one talented person with an eye for detail. I can't wait to see more!! Absolutely beautiful craftsmanship, not many are willing to take enough pride in their God given talents, and man do you have talent. THANK YOU for sharing with all of us that love to play in the dirt.

  111. #111natemcmurtrey2009-11-02 15:45

    Amazing. If CAT won't give you a license, change the look a little and start your own brand. Way cool. :notworthy

  112. #112dirtpusher92009-11-03 16:43

    Thanks guys, I just try to do the best I can with what God has given me and I'm thankful for what he has given me. I think there are a lot of people that could do this, if they put there mind to it. The license thing may still be in the works, I've been contacted.

  113. #113heavylift2009-11-03 20:38

    With all the detail that you go to.... I'm surprised that the tires are not lettered Excellent work buy the way....

  114. #114dirtpusher92009-11-15 18:42

    Thanks heavylift, and man in Nabraska made the tires for me, he is a fine model builder. A little more done on the pan.

  115. #115bluntman410g2009-11-20 11:01

    who in nebraska made them for you?

  116. #116dirtpusher92009-11-20 20:28

    Heres a video of the 9 doing a little slope work. Jerry Hall is the mans name. YouTube - D9R working a slope

  117. #117STATELINE2009-11-21 09:20

    very, VERY impressive!!! great work. you definately are a talented individual!!

  118. #118dirtpusher92009-11-21 22:09

    Thank you STATELINE. Got started on the neck and dolly.

  119. #119JDOFMEMI2009-11-22 13:46

    Looking good there. Glad to see it coming along. Those trunions look good too.

  120. #120ben46a2009-11-22 19:29

    I thought those looked like the tires Jerry makes!

  121. #121dirtpusher92009-12-02 19:11

    Go the frame work and push block started.

  122. #122JDOFMEMI2009-12-02 19:29

    A piece at a time. It is looking good. Be nice to see dirt boiled up over it.

  123. #123AtlasRob2009-12-03 16:14

    Your attention to detail is nothing short of awesome. A fantastic piece of work. One question,.......... is the right hand tyre on the wrong way around ?

  124. #124dirtpusher92009-12-06 09:17

    Thanks Jerry and Rob. I don't guess I ever paid any attention about the tire, but yes it is. Theres no way to fix it so it will have to do.lol Joe

  125. #125AtlasRob2009-12-07 13:52

    I was just be pedantic I think it looks better like that as once it goes to work everybody will think is was deliberate to show the box had a puncture at some time and the tyre fitter put it back on wrong, as we know they always do unless your standing over them

  126. #126760Bill2009-12-07 19:27

    New Member 760Bill Hello I just found this web page and WOW its cool.Well alittle about me ive been around Heavy EQUIPMENT all my life and now I make custom models in 1/50th scale so if your looking for something send me a message ATT: [email protected] and please send your email address and ill send you some pics of my work. thanks Bill Gross.:usa

  127. #127Jerry H2009-12-08 00:54

    Joe... Regarding the comment about the right tire being turned around, what does that refer to ?

  128. #128heavylift2009-12-08 01:10

    some tire are directional,, put on a certain direction for traction.... i think they may have an arrow that says traction.... then there are tires that are non directional... which it think is what your would be.... Any who.... nice looking tires....

  129. #129heavylift2009-12-08 01:13

    your design.... from what i googled ....have forward and backward traction.... more or less

  130. #130heavylift2009-12-08 01:17

    here's a tire link http://www.goodyearotr.com/cfmx/web/otr/brochures/pdf/scraper.pdf I think your angle may be cut opposite ... but another makers it may be right

  131. #131dirtpusher92009-12-08 09:15

    Hey Jerry, we were refering to the direction of the groves, but heavylift is right, it is a bidirectional tire. I didn't even think of that. They look good no matter what the direction is and that's all matter's to me. If conditions get too bad while running, I'll call a rain out. Btw, welcome 760Bill and Jerry.

  132. #132760Bill2009-12-08 09:22

    WOW Ive died and gone to heaven! WoW I just seen the youtube videos of your D9R I thought I was watching the real thing working.The detail is awsome!and the pull scraper your making wow cant wait to see it done!

  133. #133dirtpusher92009-12-08 09:30

    Thank you sir. It's been a long time coming. Soon as I can get back in the shop I be happy.

  134. #134dirtpusher92009-12-08 09:36

    Thank you sir. Bill you may want too post your e-addy on the main page, you might reach a lot more people. Not everyone will see it here. You'll get more buisness that way.

  135. #135JDOFMEMI2009-12-10 02:04

    Bill Good to see you here. You have some nice custom models. Maybe a new thread with some pictures for thos who haven't seen your work. Welcome

  136. #136dirtpusher92009-12-31 21:01

    Heres some pics of the progress lately. Couldn't get the pics to load here anymore. http://www.gardentruckingforum.com/YaBB.pl?num=1218407527/480#480

  137. #137AtlasRob2010-01-01 13:13

    Great to know you are still kicking man :thumbsup A very Happy New Year to you and all your family. That work you do is so incredible, I know you just do it and enjoy it, to me it is an awesome talent that I am greatful you share with us mere mortals :notworthy I hope you dont mind but I have taken the liberty of pinching the pictures from the link you provided to post them here for us all to enjoy.

  138. #138Steve Frazier2010-01-01 16:20

    dirtpusher, what message do you see when you try to post your pics?

  139. #139heavylift2010-01-01 16:24

    http://www.mo-deck.com/products2.aspx?usercode= this may help with the sticking of the dirt to the metal... also seen a few articles using PAM spray glad to see that your back at it....

  140. #140dirtpusher92010-01-01 17:28

    Thank you Rob, hope you and yours have a Happy New Year. Not really sure why it won't load the pics any more, it's always been slow( 1 hour or so) but now they just don't load now. Not getting any message Steve, just the Manage Attatchments box. Thanks for the link heavylift, I'll try that stuff. Had already been thinking the pam thing.

  141. #141truklodyte2010-01-02 08:05

    There is a lot of videos on youtube with guys building and playing with radio controlled construction and farm equipment .These minatures are full functioning .Check it out on youtube.

  142. #142dirtpusher92010-01-02 17:18

    Thanks truklodyte, but I already have about 10 vids on utube, rc d9r dozer will take you to them. There are a lot of amazing models out there.

  143. #143JDOFMEMI2010-01-02 17:52

    Joe Good to see you still at it. Hope that means your heart is doing OK. Good looking work on the pan. The ejector looks like it works good. Happy New Year to you

  144. #144dirtpusher92010-01-07 17:09

    Thanks Jerry, and Happy New Year to you. The heart is doing well, the ol'lady said that I was as mean as ever, so I geuss that's good.The crowd does work well, it takes only a couple ounces pressure to move it (after the fight). lol The scraper now weighs 42 lbs, with a few more to go. I was glad to see it finally gain some weight.

  145. #145gulalastbilen2010-02-06 11:30

    Hi Joe, got information about this forum today. Nice to see that there are other fellow building those yellow machines. During the last years I´ve building a D8R in 1 to 5,6 scale that will use petrolengine with hydrostatic driveline. I have also built a 463 to be hauled behind. Both models are not finished at this moment, thinks it takes another 1-1,5 years to be completed. Sorry, I not allowed to post pictures, don´t know why. keep up modeling! Dan

  146. #146heavylift2010-02-06 15:23

    You have to have 3 posts before you can post a pic.... so hurry I would like to see those models

  147. #147gulalastbilen2010-02-07 05:24

    heavylift, I will try to do that as quick as possible, been working a lot of years with those models, but always interesting to get coments (pos or neg) from others. Dan

  148. #148gulalastbilen2010-02-07 07:38

    D8R and 463 in 1/5,6 scale Hi again, yes now it possible to upload pics. The model will have an operational weight around 500lbs, the 463 weight is 170lbs without load, will be hydraulic operated. Cylinders not yet mounted, planning to have the 463 ready this spring. The D8R will take another year at least to be completed. Here shown with upper structures made of paper at a local show last year. Only working on the models during weekends. Will post updates, maybee trying a new thread. Dan

  149. #149dirtpusher92010-02-07 10:47

    WOW,that's nice work Dan. I sure don't mind you posting here, but you should start your own thread to get the proper recognition. I don't under stand the scale you are building in. Is it 1/5th scale? What are you powering the dozer with? Would like to see more pics of your build. Keep up the great work.

  150. #150gulalastbilen2010-02-07 10:58

    Hi Joe, will start a new tread, guess that will be open a long time until model is finished. About the scale, it´s 1 to 5.6 . Why, because when planning for the model, I thought that there should be some comercial available track/chain that could be used. 1,5" pincenter on chain are a standard and when translated to pincenter on D8R , that´s where 1to5,6 comes from!Well, ended up not finding anything that looked like the original so had to do them from scratch. Had already made drawing on the model so did stick to this scale. Today I´m regretting this choise, have big problem to fit everthing inside that small car body. More pics from the begining will come on seperate thread. Keep ut your wounderful work Joe! Dan

  151. #151dirtpusher92010-02-07 11:02

    R/C D9R and 463 scraper I love this stuff.

  152. #152JDOFMEMI2010-02-07 18:03

    Dan Great work. I will be keeping an eye out for your own thread. Your D-8R and 463 look great. I have been following Joe's D-9R for a long time, and it performed top notch when completed. I am sure yours will as well. Joe How's your pan coming?

  153. #153dirtpusher92010-02-10 09:03

    Jerry, I'm waiting on some hydraulics stuff to come in for the pan, then I can finish major fab work, and start the detail. Been working on some stuff for another guy,lately.

  154. #154gulalastbilen2010-02-14 12:52

    Hi Joe, doing some hydraulic cylinder for my D8R now, I have a question: Do you have any safety valve or compensating valve on the blade cylinders when using the tilt cylinder? When looking at the real machine, The blade cylinders has to move up/down to compensate for tilting. have not found any small valves that can be used. Dan

  155. #155Per Eriksson2010-02-14 13:14

    The lift cylinders are connected in parallell on the real thing so if you do that on the model too you'll be fine.

  156. #156gulalastbilen2010-02-14 14:51

    Per, last week looking at the real machine, when only using the tilt cylinder, the blade/lift cylinder was going one up and one down! This must be possible, to make blade higher in one end. According to CAT parts manual there is a "valve compensator" don´t know if this make movent possible. Dan

  157. #157Per Eriksson2010-02-14 15:54

    When one cylinder goes up it pushes oil into the other one making it go down, ie making it able to tilt without sending or recieving oil from the valve bank. The only time this wont work is when the cylinders reach the end of their stroke, then this valve comes into play and opens a channel inside the cylinders. Like if the blade is lifted very high up or low down when tilting.

  158. #158dirtpusher92010-02-15 19:14

    The way I done mine was ''T'' off the feed and return lines of the lift cylinders and it takes care of itself.

  159. #159Hario Ardimas2010-02-15 20:24

    woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow very incredible......

  160. #160gulalastbilen2010-02-16 07:19

    Hi did some drawing, guess it should look like this. Now only to find a small valve for this! thanks for the input Dan

  161. #161gulalastbilen2010-02-16 07:43

    Sorry, did it little to quick, now when studying the drawing and oil flow, it shouldn´t be a problem. As Joe said earlier, the T coupling will take care of the differnt movment. So it should look like this! Dan

  162. #162dirtpusher92010-02-16 18:27

    That's it Dan. As far as valves go, Ric at GardenTrucking.com can fix you up, if your not going to be pushing to much volume. Which, you may be to big on scale, because these valves are only a 3 mm port. But he has single up to 6 valve blocks. I'm running a 2 valve, 174psi or 10bar, 350ml pump, and I would like a little more volume. Good luck.

  163. #163dirtpusher92010-02-20 20:57

    Well I have a little progress done on the pan, but for some reason it will not allow me to post pics anymore. Does anyone else have this problem?

  164. #164dirtpusher92010-03-01 16:24

    This is the only way to do the pics.

  165. #165LCM_models2010-04-12 21:33

    Wow what cool model!!

  166. #166dirtpusher92010-06-11 20:15

    Thank you LCM. Heres a another video of the 9 at work. YouTube - Moving dirt

  167. #167Iron Art2010-06-11 22:10

    Joe, I never well get enough of your Cat, it sure is a dandy!! Fred

  168. #168dirtpusher92010-06-13 16:17

    Thank you Fred. Have you made any progress on any of your masterpeices?

  169. #169Iron Art2010-06-15 00:00

    Joe, I'm working on a Tigercat swamp logger. Its a long ways from being done but I will keep plugging away and see what I come up with. Fred

  170. #170dirtpusher92010-08-15 00:41

    Been too hot but got a little done.

  171. #171gulalastbilen2010-08-15 11:48

    Joe, nice scraper, can´t wait to see it working with the D9. The speed control on the model, is it 2s servos working or a electronic speed control? Asking because I´m just trying to figure out how to mix the signal on my model. Best is to get just like the real ones, everything on one stick. Having the other one for ripper/scraper/blade work. Keep pics coming, it helps me (and others) to keep up model building Dan

  172. #172dirtpusher92010-08-15 20:45

    Thanks Dan. I use a 2 x 25 amp Sabertooth ESC. 25 amps per channel and when I geared that down I came up only using 6.34 amps at stall per channel, so I have good coverage and don't have a chance on of over amping. It mixes everything itself, and is set up just like the real dozer controls are. The left stick is forward-reverse and right-left, the right stick is blade up-down and tilt right-left. Really simple to set up and to operate.

  173. #173dirtpusher92010-09-10 10:20

    Still lack some hydraulic componets, then I can hook it all up and see if it will work.

  174. #174JDOFMEMI2010-09-10 17:33

    Looking good there Joe. Can't wait to see the videos of it hauling dirt behind your D-9

  175. #175dirtpusher92010-09-12 17:26

    Thanks for looking, Jerry.

  176. #176dirtpusher92010-09-30 20:16

    Here is a short video of it loading. Having some issues with the apron, so I won't be showing the unloading yet. YouTube - scraper loading

  177. #177heavylift2010-09-30 20:34

    Just wow

  178. #178Iron Art2010-10-01 00:19

    Joe, Looking good, just need a few grade stakes and you could fool most everyone, looks so real!!! Fred

  179. #179Steve Frazier2010-10-01 00:27

    That's just amazing!

  180. #180DEERE310SG2010-10-01 10:31

    That is cool.

  181. #181JDOFMEMI2010-10-01 13:50

    Pan the camera down just a bit to keep the cars in the background out of the picture, and you would have a hard time convincing most people it was not the 1:1 version. I was amazed by how realisticly it loaded.

  182. #182dirtpusher92010-10-17 08:31

    New video of the scraper at work. YouTube - RC dozer and scraper (short haul)

  183. #183heavylift2010-10-17 13:54

    WOW... Must have been a fast track job... put it back into service ... before the shop had time to put decals on the scraper.... How much does it haul.... five gallon bucket full....

  184. #184gulalastbilen2010-10-18 15:11

    It´s like real machines, stalling when cutting to deap, filling the bowl nicely. Amazing piece of work Joe!

  185. #185thebaz2010-10-20 05:00

    All you need to add is some turbo diesel sound and you could fool anyone. Amazing!:notworthy

  186. #186dirtpusher92010-11-16 16:55

    Thanks guys. Got laid-off so I will be selling this dozer and scraper combo, if intrested PM me.

  187. #187DirtHauler2010-11-16 18:19

    I can not imagine how much time goes into building one of these. I hope things are looking up for you.

  188. #188JDOFMEMI2010-11-16 22:15

    Sorry to hear about your job. Hope things improve for you. If times were better here, I would be interested, but no way I could swing something like that now. Best of luck. Don't be a stranger here. We have enjoyed your project greatly.

  189. #189thebaz2010-11-17 02:08

    Hey dirtpusher9, I am real sorry to hear about getting laid off. Selling the RC dozer/scraper combo must be heart breaking after all that work. Hope things look up and you can keep it. Baz

  190. #190Iron Art2010-11-18 13:05

    Joe, Sorry to hear that you are laid off, My house would pretty empty before I would sell the Cat. Hope tomorrow will bring some good news for you. Fred

  191. #191mindtracker2010-12-05 00:55

    wow,that was pretty awesome!!!

  192. #192Chris M.2011-03-16 11:45

    WOW!!!! Great work!!!

  193. #193stumpjumper832011-03-16 16:09

    Amazingley awesome man, did you sell it?? I'm with jerry, I'd prolly sell of my guns before a one of a kind piece like that.

  194. #194dirtpusher92011-05-03 20:22

    Thanks guys, back at work and working lots of hours. The dozer and pan are still for sell. It just sits there collecting dust. No since it not being used.

  195. #195BigIron252011-05-05 00:55

    Good to hear your back to work and getting some hours in. Always a good feeling!

  196. #196truklodyte2011-05-15 07:14

    WOW! You are really good with building these wonderful scale( fully functioning) models.I just had a thought about putting a minature cameras in the widows and running from a TV to make it feel like the real thing.

  197. #197dritt2011-05-15 20:22

    Awesome Job!! Amazing attention to details! If I didn't know it was a RC I wouldn't have to been able to tell the difference. Thanks for sharing!

  198. #198dirtpusher92011-08-25 16:46

    Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for the complements.

  199. #199wheelie2011-10-11 15:12

    Another awesome story to follow.. I hope we get to see more..and I sincerely hope all is going well for you

  200. #200dirtpusher92012-01-10 16:23

    Going to the Cabin Fever Expo in York Pa. this weekend to show the dozer and scraper. Hope to see some of you there.

  201. #201Cat324DL2012-05-06 15:03

    Amazing work!

  202. #202dirtdevil132012-09-28 18:06

    Hi, i have nealy finished my own rc d11r project, ill upload pics when i get time, its 2ft wide and 3ft long by 1ft heigh and weighs 150 pounds.... im looking to build a winch like yours is yours fully functional?? if so can you recomend anywhere that sells geared motors??? Best regards Joe.

  203. #203dirtpusher92012-10-12 22:04

    Looking forward to seeing your 11. Yes the winch does work. I used a gear motor and planetary out of a cordless screwdriver and then geared down more on top of that. It will pull a John Deere riding mower.

  204. #204td9clyde2013-01-07 18:31

    any corless drill or screwdriver motors would work