New to the forum ! Not a heavy equipment mechainc, but always trying to save a buck !!! My left track is getting slower and slower soon I will only be able to drive in circles !!!! Wondering if someone could explain how the hydralics drive the tracks and if this an adjustment or what could be going wrong. Or perhaps shop drawings !!!!
Hydraulic fluid is pumped into and then out of a hydraulic motor. This causes a shaft to turn on the other end of the hydraulic motor. The motor's shaft plugs into the gearbox. The gearbox reduces the shaft's rpm (usually around 1-2000 RPM) to 5-20 rpm. These specs vary, but the reduction ratios are on the low end at around 20:1 and the high end up around 160:1 or more. Motors usually have a max RPM of 4000. So you can only reduce it so much. Anyway. Hydraulic pressure is what gives you torque, drawbar, gradeability, etc. Hydraulic flow in gallons or liters per minute is what gives you your speed. It seems like you are suffering a lack of flow to the track. There could be other things going on too. Maybe you could submit a video or picture?
So as a starting point should dissconnect the hydralic lines to the motor and install a pressure gage to make sure there is enough pressure there to drive the motors ? Any idea where I could find a parts break down ? Tried looking on net can't find anything. Thanks !
I am new to the site and I tried to post this in the excavtor section where I might get a better response, but it will not let me. Anyone know why ?? Thanks