Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Radcon510

Radcon510 ยท 2013-04-29 01:56

One of my workers put 5 gallons of fuel in the hydraulic tank on my forklift on accident. The tank holds about 55 gallons of hydraulic fluid,how much damage if any is this going to do? I just had the hydraulic fluid changed and replaced and it wasn't cheap so I'm hoping there's a chance I won't have to do it again and that it will be ok and absorbed into the system with no problems.??

Replies2
  1. #1Scrub Puller2013-04-29 03:34

    Yair . . . Radcon510 Five gallons in fifty five would be too much for me to be comfortable with . . . I'd be inclined to change it out, run it through a filter and then add it at about 5% to the fuel of some older non electronic engine on a pump or what all. Cheers

  2. #2Mikez2013-05-01 16:16

    I just went through this, we did 2 full flushes with clean oil and filters, ran it about 10 hrs. between each change out. It is constantly blowing both lines and O-rings, not scientifically sure this was the result of diesel in the system but we never had that problem before, or it could just be a Case thing, it's a turd now. I would a least do a full flush with filters and keep an eye on it closely.