Does anybody have another source for a universal radiator foam kit or sheets? What kind of foam are the stock foam seals? https://www.mcmaster.com/foam/
If you mean the foam to keep air from bypassing back around. A mechanic friend taught me what they do on race cars. Foam pipe insulation of various sizes from the hardware store shoved in the gaps. If it might pop out, smear it with gorilla glue first.
Yes, I am referring to the foam that goes around the radiator. I was hoping to get a little more of a professional look by getting some foam sheets and cutting to fit. Nothing wrong with gluing in pipe insulation, just wasn't the look I was after. Mcmaster Carr has about a dozer different types of foam to choose from.
I get the foam from a seat upholsterer guy near me and cut it to fit
After some more internet sleuthing I believe the best foam for the application is closed cell neoprene. I ordered a 24"x80" sheet for about $100. I'll post some pics when I get them cut and fit. Komatsu wanted over $130 for just one of the 8 foam seals.
Hey, I know it’s been a while but I’m in the same situation. How did your replacement foam work out? I’ve been concerned about temp rating as well as fire resistance. How thick of foam did you buy? Did you laminate for thicker pieces?
I can't speak for the OP, but the hardware pipe insulation I have stuffed/glued in has lasted very well for my customers. It looks clean, too, if you do it with care/multiple sizes.
yeah definitely get some fire retardant ones rates for that sort of temperature
Sorry for not responding sooner. I used closed cell neoprene from https://www.thefoamfactory.com/closedcellfoam/neoprene.html Very happy with the results. I order 2" thick which worked well. I did not have to laminate any pieces.
Door gasket from Homes Depot