I bought this hammer at auction and suprise suprise it doesn't work properly, I believe it needs a timer as everything else seems to point in that direction, the company is out of business and all the numbers on manuals and machine are disconnected...... Here is a pic of the timer it is a 5wire, It's interesting how it works, it has 2 timers, one that determines how far the machine travels between blows and the other to determine how long the hammer is on the ground (basically) Does anyone have one of these? Does anyone know where to get parts? Pj
Probably just a 12v timer relay, shouldn't be too hard to cross reference. A universal programmable from Graingers if nothing else. Other parts obviously will be harder to substitute....
That looks like a slick little tool if you can get it going. I would try the timer part number at Grainger or someplace like that. Maybe even on ebay or Amazon. It looks to me like you need a timer on the upstroke of the cylinder, then it would close the up valve, open the lowering valve, and kick in the second timer for the lowering. This time needs to be longer than the drop time, or bad things will happen.
The information you can see there is just for a small yellow circuit board mount relay, they're listed on Ebay.. if it maybe possibly unplugs from a socket? More likely soldered in and potted with that black compound. Any numbers or other information on the sides or back of that module? Ram was bought and sold several times, split up, name changes, pretty much all the players have long since been dissolved... this company used to be a distributor you might try them and see if they have any way to help: http://www.canns-bilco.com/ Oddly enough Knaack, the job box outfit bought them up in 1998, probably to get their parent corporation which also apparently no longer exists....
This might be a suitable replacement. http://m.grainger.com/mobile/product/DAYTON-Encapsulated-Timer-Relay-5WML8?fc=MWP2IDP2PCP Are there two of these? One for up, the other for down?
It operates by just simply turning on the hammer switch and then holding fwd or rev button down and it smacks the ground delays then travels smacks and repeats all with just holding one button but the damn thing seems to sometimes work right and sometimes wait about 30sec before lifting and traveling again it about has to be a timer right ? I think it'll be a cool tool if and when I ever get it figured out lol. I'll check out grainger thank guys
Jerry that looks to be the one I need thanks! rick
I'm also going to ask another dumb question, It came with 3 points, chisel, blunt, and a flat blade. What are the applications of each ? My hydraulic breakers just have a chisel point on them,...... The reason I ask is because this thing doesn't really have much practical use other than flat concrete.
I have a cyclone drop hammer for a skid. You will never use a traditional hammer again for flatwork. It is controlled by a little hyd valve bank about the size of 2 packs of smokes. Adaptation?