Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Random things I cant seem to find a solution too

Tyler d4c · 2023-08-24 20:09

First problem is the yellow auxiliary plug in the new step deck. Is there a standard for wiring it the guy told me what pin was ground and witch was for the lift axle. Or is this a wire to suit situation. Second problem is led lights. Does someone make a resistor that plugs in the 3 pin plug on the light so I don't have to hack up the wiring to make them blink like normal. The truck in question powers the lights via bcm so can't just change the flasher. Thanks fellas.

Replies19
  1. #1Vetech632023-08-24 20:22

    You should be putting away a few beers this time of day

  2. #2OzDozer2023-08-24 20:38

    Tyler, this page might help with your first question .... Trailer connectors in North America - Wikipedia en.wikipedia.org Regarding the LED lights, we can buy a small resistor locally that you just install in the wire to the indicators - usually, just near the indicator if possible. I guess you should be able to buy a similar resistor locally. https://www.repco.com.au/globes-batteries-electrical/lighting/trailer-truck-lighting/narva-load-resistor-24v-21w-1-pce-90036bl/p/A9417835?

  3. #3Tyler d4c2023-08-24 20:55

    I had a Mt dew thats about the extent of my drinking. I never caught the taste for it

  4. #4Tyler d4c2023-08-24 21:01

    This is the connector I'm working with the tralier already has the standard 7 pin for the lights this is for auxiliary use. The inverted pin is the ground and the very bottom one is the lift. The resistors those are all I'm finding I thought maybe there was a better option. Looks like it will be the plan

  5. #5Junkyard2023-08-24 21:02

    What are you pulling the trailer with? They make electronic flashers, it’s more like a little circuit board than a flasher, to make LED lights work right with older trucks. They don’t pull enough juice to make a traditional flasher work right.

  6. #6Tyler d4c2023-08-24 21:09

    The tralier plug and led light troubles are from 2 different rigs. The light trouble is on a 2011 f750 straight truck The plug trouble is on a Wabash step deck pulled by a 13 letter spreader hx520 My mistake I should have mentioned that

  7. #7cfherrman2023-08-25 11:59

    I'm surprised you can change the flasher on the f750 as you can on super dutys

  8. #8Tyler d4c2023-08-25 12:27

    I sure can't find it and a Google says it's ecm generated

  9. #9Truck Shop2023-08-25 15:24

    Correct. https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories-and-Parts/Optronics/ALEDRST1B.html?feed=npn&msclkid=482e13030c451629f81377ebf312e880&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Bing%20%7C%20Shop%20-%20Accessories%20and%20Parts%20-%20RLSA&utm_term=4577335627960423&utm_content=Trailer%20Lights

  10. #10joe--h2023-08-25 16:59

    Amazon.com : led Load Resistor 24V 21W Lot of them on Amazon Joe H

  11. #11Truck Shop2023-08-25 17:22

    The reason there is no direct plug in {between light and pigtail} is heat. These resistors create heat. Several of the leading trailer manufactures {Utility/Great Dane} started making the top rear outside markers Flash. Using a resistor, darn near everyone we had got hot enough it melted connection's/terminals, so I cut those out and returned them to a standard red marker. Not DOT required.

  12. #12heymccall2023-08-25 17:23

    My Google works. Right on top of page.

  13. #13Tyler d4c2023-08-25 20:49

    I surely couldn't find them thanks

  14. #14cfherrman2023-08-25 22:20

    That's a good brand too!

  15. #15Birken Vogt2023-08-25 22:34

    My local parts house carries them, I ran out and needed one today. Got to go find them now as I did not record a part number last time.

  16. #16stinky642023-08-27 10:29

    Several years back when working at Yellow we upgraded all the older Volvo trucks to LED tail lights and had to reprogram the light control modules to get the new bulbs to blink correctly, don't know if 2011 f750 has that option, may be possible if you've got computer capability.

  17. #17heymccall2023-08-27 14:17

    I had my Sierra 2500HD trucks reprogrammed for rear LED lights, as that's what the knapheide bodies came with. While they was programming, I had the reverse lights disabled from the courtesy lighting, so the backup alarm wouldn't sound while locking or unlocking in the dark. It wasn't straightforward as my selling dealer's service department was dumber than a box of rocks, even when handed the bulletin, instructions, and TAC number. Had to take it different dealer.

  18. #18cfherrman2023-08-27 14:39

    Damm lol

  19. #19Tyler d4c2023-08-27 15:45

    I may just try to hook the lap top up and see if it can be done I've order the resistors one way or another I'll get it fixed