Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Rather work than Play

blucllrplt · 2023-01-14 14:10

I have a request that probably 99.999% of people reading this think is Stupid, Crazy or Insane but will ask anyway. Will be in Lost Wages (Las Vegas) from Sunday night until Thursday morning. As I've been to Vegas at least 100 times in the last 25 years I have no desire to gamble and hang out at a casino. I don't like to sit around in the hotel and waste time and wanted to see if anyone in the Henderson, NV or LV area needs a little casual help Mon-Wed this coming week. Am a pretty fair welder and fabricator. (I have a website for one of my side businesses - ss2metal.com) Also have a master mechanical license for TN and MS as well as HVAC contractor license in TX so have an above avg. knowledge of AC systems. (we don't have the evaporator systems in TX so no experience there) Owned and operated my own equipment until 2013 when divorce resulted in the sale of most everything. I did keep the Deere 310G as a consolation prize and haven’t lost the muscle memory to run a hoe or excavator. Haven't dug around utilities for the last 10 years so no proficiency there. CDL is lapsed since I didn’t keep up my medical. I've attached a few pics of the repairs I've done. Open to any casual work you might need help with for a few days. I'll be in Henderson with no vehicle so would either have to have a ride or use Uber. My contact info is on my website or my profile.

Replies6
  1. #1treemuncher2023-01-20 19:25

    I know the feeling all too well. Can't sit still and do nothing very easily. Every time we go on vacation, I'm looking for work to keep me busy. I usually end up finding projects to make the camp better while we are there, in order to fill my time and needs. I'm still looking to operate every time we head up to camp and eventually I'm going to make enough contacts that I will have something to do while I'm away from home. You're not alone wanting to stay busy. The hard part is meeting the right people and then finding someone that can see past the insurance/employee/taxation BS that plague every business with concerns.

  2. #2Coaldust2023-01-20 22:24

    Time to spare in LV? Get a ride to Battlefield Vegas and rent a M60 for some belt-fed goodness. Thank me later. If you have any money left over, head to Pahrump and visit Sheri’s place. Tell them Coaldust sent you. https://www.battlefieldvegas.com/weapon/machine-guns/

  3. #3joe--h2023-02-02 13:06
  4. #4skyking12023-02-02 15:22

    I could use your help but we are far far away from Vegas. Perhaps you can come work-cationing in Seattle this summer

  5. #5blucllrplt2023-02-20 17:01

    Appreciate the recommendations, have had enough gun time during my service to the country LOL. Sheri’s place sounds fun but as old fashioned as it sounds I couldn’t go there and return home with a clean conscience. Hung out and went to the world of concrete convention which was interesting. I do have to be in Vegas again Mar 2 thru 6 if there is anyone needing an extra hand for a couple of days. Skyking, although the company I work for doesn’t do business in the Seattle area, we may be heading there this summer for a couple of days. Four years ago I was offered a job in Seattle but turned it down as I would have had to quadruple my pay to have the same QOL that I have in TX.

  6. #6chidog2023-05-03 03:08

    QOL, no such thing here.