Hi all im looking to buy a rayco c 100,its fairly well maintained but has 5000hrs,Has recent new track chains and sprockets. Anyone had much to do with these machines. I know rayco parts will be crazy $$$
They pack a hell of a punch for the size, I ran one when they first come out around here with a forestry mower and it surprised everyone.
Rayco has had a lot of problems with the crawlers they built as dedicated forestry mulchers. I am not sure how their crawlers have faired when used for other purposes. The ones built as forestry mulcher machines have had frame failures, fuel tank cracking, repeated hydraulic failures, low hour engine failures, very poor cab dust seals and cab insulation, and pathetic A/C systems. What engine is the one equipped with that you are looking at?? I have over 2000 hours seat time on Rayco crawlers outfitted as mulchers. No experience on the crawlers when used as just a crawler, or as an oversized track skidsteer.