Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Rayco C140

PACMAC ยท 2013-07-10 00:58

Hi all, Looking for undercarriage to suit Rayco C140. Chain links have Berco Pt No LA524 & LA525. Having trouble finding part numbers for chain assy & plates, any info would be greatly appreciated. As newby on site hellow to all. Rgds PACMAC

Replies3
  1. #1treemuncher2014-03-17 16:19

    Last time that I purchased rails for the FTX140 (your C140 in different drag), they ran me right at $2k per side. That is just for the rails (links), bolts and nuts. I also had a problem with the wrong links on the first set of chains that they shipped to me. Wrong track pad pattern if I remember right. Over $4k just to install a new set of rails with MY labor. Now, my 3rd front idler is shot. The OEM equipment on the undercarriage is undersized for the machine and it wears out way too fast. I just called Berco TX direct for that part number and pricing. I also compared pricing with Hendrix Equipment where I purchase all of my Fecon teeth and parts. Fecon is notorious for marking up their parts 30%-50% or more before selling the parts to the dealer. Fecon's pricing for the idler is over $800 but I can get it direct from Berco for just over $500. I also got pricing on sprockets and other items from Berco. Berco front idler assembly is VA 2488 at about $535 each Berco sprocket rim is VA 1275 at about $230 each I've also read where the top rollers fit a Case 450 dozer. The chains are only available in standard tracks, no SALT rails available so expect 1,000-1,500 hours per set of rails on these machines. Chains should be 44 or 50 links long from what I was told. I will be checking with other Berco dealers to see if I can get better pricing. A stouter undercarriage would be even better yet.

  2. #2treemuncher2017-05-01 22:00

    Another 1100 hours on my machine and the rails are totally shot, again. It is very frustrating that there is not a better solution for the undercarriage of this machine.

  3. #3Tones2017-05-03 02:07

    I have just done 3500 hrs on the second set of chains. Pins and bushes turned once and one link removed. Make sure you get greased pins not dry. Fixed the idler problem by fitting a Komatsu idler, the Berco ones are made out of sun baked pasta. The first set of tracks wore out in 1000hrs, I then removed a link and got another 1000hrs. There's no point in only half wearing something out.