I'm hoping that this is an easy one that I just missed something. My RC30 was running as usual, and then it ran low/out of fuel (my Guage is not always correct), so I filled it.up and figured that I would have to bleed the system. When I could not get any fuel coming to the priming bolt, I started back tracing my fuel line. I had just put new fuel filters on a couple of months ago. I noticed that the fuel is not even getting pumped as far as the fuel filter. I have heard somewhere about a no fuel solenoid but as this is my first time with this problem I do not know what that is. Any suggestion? Anyone know about this solenoid? Could it be my problem and if so, where is it located and what is the fix for it, replace it? Thanks.
start at the filter, remove the line from the tank to the filter and blow back to the tank w/ air.. remove the cap first and listen for the bubbles.. Hook the line back up and remove the other line going to the pump.. Pressurize the tank alittle to get fuel to fill the filter. Then do the bleeding procedure again at the pump and loosen the lines at the injectors.. Once you get fuel to the injectors your good to go.. retighten.
Sounds good, thank you. One question, what is the easiest way to put pressure to the tank to get the diesel to start flowing to the filter? Thanks again!
An air hose with a rag stuffed around it. If the tank is plastic you might want to be a little more careful. Some tanks have a vent hose that you can blow in by mouth, works swell and doesn't taste as bad as you'd think.
Thank you, that worked great. My tank is metal so that helped and it did have a vent hose, so I used that to pressurize the tank.
The RC 30 should have a primer bulb, between the filter, up on the frame, and the pump. I put mine as close to the pump, as possible. These are cheap, and readily available, in most locales, lots of marinas stock them: https://www.amazon.com/Attwood-Univ...d=1481074136&sr=8-1&keywords=fuel+primer+bulb Also gets rid of diesel breath...:idea
In addition to the excellent advice given so far, there is a prefilter with a screw on plastic bowl about the size of a shot glass. This is the first thing the fuel sees, it's tucked up in there a bit. These will fill with rust (metal tank) water, all sorts of crap and plug the screen. Mine plugged and caused a no fuel/no start situation
The real early RC30s did not come with a primer bulb but they are easy to add and invaluable at a time like this.
Where is this pre-filter tucked?
Looking at hydraulic tank, it's on the left of tank. Without looking at my machine, pretty sure it bolts to left side of tank about 2/3s the way up. Behind the fuel filter, it has a plastic bowl about the size of a shot glass. A screen is inside. Tough to get to, due to it being right behind fuel filter.
I've never seen a glass filter bowl on my machine. If you don't have a primer bulb, loosen the bleed screw two full turns and then crank the engine until you don't see anymore bubbles, tighten screw and then start machine. If you have a priming bulb do the same except squeeze the bulb instead of cranking engine. May need to repeat steps.
The fuel/water separator is the reddish bowl in pic. It is behind fuel filter, hard to see. I own 3 ASV/Terex MTL's all have exact same bowl in the same location. To remove bowl I had to modify box end wrench, and go at it with fuel filter removed. The bottom of bowl has a hex cast into the plastic. . I apologize for pic, it's rotated 180 degrees, and I lack the skills to correct :Banghead
I had the same issue with my PT 30. Think there could be a better location to place a serviceable item. The Oil filter isn't much better to get at tho! ... But still can't find anything else that does the job that this does.
ik krijg de foutcode 3505 op display van mijn new holland l 220 skid steer valt terug in toeren en heb geen enkel schema