Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Rd Macks

cat320 ยท 2003-11-07 19:44

This is the last production year for the RD model Macks.Now being replaced by the granite.What does every one think about that.It's the end of an era.

Replies4
  1. #1Steve Frazier2003-11-07 20:54

    Yes it is. I remember when the B's were discontinued, there are plenty of them around yet! Mack has a "Special Edition" model out this year as a send off. I always thought the R cabs were cramped, but otherwise that was a tough truck to beat. Very sturdy and dependable.

  2. #2BKrois2003-11-07 22:43

    I've always liked the R models. More room than my B model, and a more modern dash, even on the early ones. They had a modern look even when they first came out, i've always liked the design, and while they might now be the most roomiest, they were a heavy duty work truck. I've got a few R models i've found out about that i might acquire. I'll post more details if i end up getting one of them.

  3. #3mikegamb2004-03-28 01:39

    Send one my way friend.a single screw rat or even a dump would be just fine LOL

  4. #4LaLaMan2005-04-04 18:37

    My fav truck of all time, truck guys laugh at me when I tell em I kinda like them more then the 379. But the Granite is a awesome truck.