Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

RD7 won’t roll

Doug Briggs ยท 2023-11-12 13:15

I have a RD7 I got from a family friends widow, I can move all the steering and clutch lever and it is in neutral but it still won't roll to load on a lowboy, can anyone help ?

Replies9
  1. #11693TA2023-11-12 13:57

    Are the tracks frozen from setting so long?

  2. #2Doug Briggs2023-11-12 14:15

    I don't think so we could pick them up with a end loader and they would sag and move some

  3. #3Dave Neubert2023-11-12 14:17

    The brakes are probably stuck to the drums

  4. #4OzDozer2023-11-13 09:04

    Dave has nailed it, brake linings stuck to the steering clutch drums. Back 'em right off, and squirt some loose-juice into the drum area. Maybe tap on them as well, once they're backed off.

  5. #5Doug Briggs2023-11-13 11:07

    Thank you everyone where is the best place to buy manuals for the machine and the pony motor

  6. #6Doug Briggs2023-11-13 11:09

    I think you back off the brakes through the covers in back, but I've got a hundred other things to do once I get it home

  7. #7Doug Briggs2023-11-15 11:57

    Haven't been able to move the adjusters on the brakes, thinking about splitting the bands with a cut off wheel just so I can get it home and repair them later, anyone have a better idea ? any help would be great Thanks

  8. #8Dave Neubert2023-11-15 14:47

    The bands may not be to easy to come by I would not cut them soak the adjusters and get a bigger wrench

  9. #9OzDozer2023-11-15 19:04

    No, that sounds like a bad idea to me. Spray the bands and drums with plenty of panther pee and leave it to soak in. Maybe some mild heat on the adjusters and brake bands with a plumbers gas torch, then a spray and soak with panther pee. A bit of heat often works wonders on corrosion.