Check out some of these vid's of Big Truck Drag Racing! Held up in Canada, the language spoken is (I think) French. :beatsme But a race is still a race! These guys Roll the Coal and get it on! http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=2DA022AE6749A945
Good lord, its nice to see some trucks with a real load on them racing. BTW could you get a 3408 installed from the factory in a Kenworth? I know that since 1998 and the new emittion standards that you could not, but in the old days was it offered?
yea in the 70's the 3408 and the KTA cummins were the BIG hp motors but they were pretty heavy, so the kinda were short lived in the trucks. that so i've been told(before my time) heres a couple of my favortives http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkL-whB4yKg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02ZJPlGM_vc http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jk37_Mi3TY4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_XzvK7N4Q4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilPvUV-BfWk http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl911P93qUk
nice
What about 1693TA CAT ? trucks with that motor pulled like freight a train , they rated it at425hp. maybe at idle.
We can't leave out those with a Detroit Diesel 12V71 or the Bulldogs with the E9 V8. My first new truck in 1986 was a Mack Superliner with a 500hp E9. Out of all the trucks I've ever had, the Mack was by far the most powerful, fastest, quietest, heaviest and best dirt truck. It was also the most expensive since it was new. It's pic is at the bottom. Here's some V8 Macks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMMEiXNIyT0 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOCBPNTmEEE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4apsrur7WtQ Here's some V12 Detroits http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-lRXRLWVRg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTYyqfsOMok http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0P0XCfMefmY And finally, the Big Guns :guns :scool :OMG http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSPZwFxngRQ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbhXSqb3M7U http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2cWf0nXe8M
And the sound Pete,don't leave out the sound.That particular Mack V8 had the throatiest bark that I ever heard on a truck.You could pick it out of a herd of trucks from a distance.It had authority and still does today in my estimation.I worked for a company a few years ago that had one.It pulled a large Fontaine lowbed and a Raven dumptrailer.Actually they used it to pull a tagalong sometimes too.I never got to drive it as I took the job on the condition that I not have to move equipment any more but it would have been fun I am sure.I used to follow it to jobs sometimes though and that was a treat.Ron G
Those Mack V8s always sounded like they were puffing air on one cylinder, I'm not sure why. I drove one with a dump trailer where I worked for a while. It pulled good even though it sounded broken. That 12V71 on the pulling tractor sure looks like a 92 series with the squared off valve covers. Every 71 series I've ever seen had rounded valve covers.
Check this one out. Turn it up real loud. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvDYFq6f-w4
I don't know how they keep the rear ends in the trucks!
Yeah really, rearends,universals,driveshafts, I would have to say they are not stock anymore.
If you can afford to build a 2000+hp diesel, you should be able to buy billet U-joints & really heafty drive shafts & axles.
nice
Good stuff. That first video on that list is from this past Aug. Awsome time up there in quebec. Been going a number of years now and plan on going again this year.
Actually alot of the trucks I see in Quebec are still working trucks, always long weekend of aug. Owner Operators out beating on their trucks. They get the cat/detroit battle going on. Some dealers will bump the trucks up in an attempt for bragging rights. Real good time.
I gotta get up to them races one day!
I wonder how far that race is from my place i'm only about 10 min away from the Quebec boarder.
Weah!It's from Quebec!!They have to pull 65000KG !!Nice Hey??
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums Speedfill! :drinkup
Thanks alot Country boy!
Sorry for pulling up an old thread an know its not a 'fast truck', but thought you like to hear this European V8. Always makes me smile.... Here You guys over the pond are so lucky with such slack rules about modified trucks. Love jake brakes, but never hear them over here! A bit of a rarity... PS. Watch your speakers!
well when you start out in 5th gear its mostly the clutch that takes the beating. and they will actually loosen all the crossmember bolts to try and take some of the "Shock" out of the drive line and put it in the chassis. they also run HUGH JAZZ threaded bolts that act as solid stops on the drives. so the suspension travels to a point then its solid.
You guys really need to see how its done Oz. Notice how the blowers take the edge of the turbo sound. 16v92 power twin superchargers quad turbos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoWjcvKnixI http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6qC9UaxlnA
Not a truck but its a truck engine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rve2Z3xZ02A