Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Rear tire pressure

doghead · 2024-11-16 07:10

I have a case 580L. Rear tires are 19.5-24 12 ply. I’m wondering how much air pressure others run in their tires. The manual says 28 psi.

Replies5
  1. #1NH575E2024-11-16 10:20

    I run 20 psi in my NH. My manual said 32 and I started with that until I punchered one on a small stump stub. Haven't had any problems with 20 psi. I run 25 psi in the fronts.

  2. #2Tinkerer2024-11-16 11:30

    Mine are 19.5-24 12 ply also. I have 28 psi. in them. Under inflation will change the footprint and cause excessive flexing of the sidewalls.

  3. #3Billrog2024-11-16 15:18

    Mine are 19.5-24 12 ply because I use to rd. a lot I kept them at 35 to 40 # I do a lot of work in the bush and on sharp rocks never had a problem front are 14 ply 45# when 12 ply still ran 45# in front.

  4. #4NH575E2024-11-16 16:27

    Come to think of it mine are only 6 ply I think. 12 ply and above are considered forestry tires and a lot more expensive.

  5. #5rangair942024-11-16 17:13

    I've run 54 front 28 rear in every backhoe and skip loader I've ever been responsible for.