Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Rear View Mirror on a Skid Steer

hookedondiesel ยท 2022-11-16 15:38

Well, I've got a Case 1835C open cab, I mean, no window's. Having a hard time at time's backing up, I was thinking on a rear view mirror, work's on car's etc so why not in my Skid. I'm sure some have done it, how do you think it work's, pro's and con's would be nice, maybe a few pic's also, we do love pic's, lol. I know some would say, just turn your head back and look, at my age, just can't anymore.

Replies6
  1. #1bobatack2022-11-16 15:47

    I don't have i pic of the installation But I can say once you have it you don't want to be without

  2. #2phil3142022-11-16 16:41

    That's what I've got in mine. https://www.amazon.com/Universal-CV-18-Bobcat-Panoramic-Mirror/dp/B00T834MQS It's a wide convex mirror, give a great view behind you. Works great - when I remember to use it. Had to replace the BBQ once already and the 4 wheeler will never be the same.

  3. #3Ed ke6bnl2022-11-16 17:12

    I have a rear view mirrow and even one on the boom that only is usefull when the boom is down, then I have a backup camera that is a lot of help

  4. #4Jonas3022022-11-16 20:15

    We add one usually yanked off a car and mounted somehow although a proper convex would be better I dont love the cameras although they help a mirror catches my eye better if something comes up behind you

  5. #5KSSS2022-11-17 10:07

    The big convex mirrors are helpful for sure, even with a camara as well, the mirror is still useful. The newer Case machines have a mirror from the factory, the key will be what kind of mirror will fit in that machine and still allow you to get in an out. It's been decades since i was in an 1800 series machine but I am sure you could find a place to mount one.

  6. #6jhande2022-11-17 10:44

    I just mounted this one last week and I am impressed. Price is right and it works in the cold, which was my biggest issue. I have a friend who installed this as well and hasn't had issues with his either. At $69 it is worth it. There are thousands of different models/brands listed online and I was hesitant to order one without someone already trying it, thus I waited until my buddy tried this one out first. Another bonus is you don't need rear facing work lights, the IR is so strong that you can see everything behind you in the dark. It is impressive. In fact if you do have rear lights you need to turn them off if using the camera or it will overwhelm it. Amazon.com: RV Backup Camera HD 1080P 7 Inch Monitor Rear View Kit Truck Trailer 5th Wheel Camper High-Speed Observation System 2 Channels Easy Installation Waterproof Night Vision Yakry Y14 : Electronics https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DC4DM3N?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details