First, let me say I have very little experience with hyd. breakers. That being said, I recently purchased a RockRam hammer from a used equipment dealer I know very well. I knew it didn't work, but I only paid 1000$ for it, figuring if I could have it rebuilt and still be ahead. I should mention it fits a 300 size machine, maybe a little smaller. So I take this thing to a very reputable dealer I frequent and they always seem to know their sheet, so you can imagine my surprise when the guy calls and tells me they find parts for this thing. So I say to him "let me see what I can do", and here I am. I figured if anyone would know, one of you all would. Where can I get parts for a RockRam breaker? The numbers are; Model E-9100m, 200-1, Ser.#669289. If anybody can help me out I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you!
my thoughts would be if you cant find parts.......to find a hydraulic specific shop.....we have one in our area that will fix/repair/rebuild anything hydraulic in house or on site .....if they cant find the parts or matching parts they can build or machine the parts here is their website in case your intrested or cant find a similar company around you... http://www.yarbroughindustries.com/ i am not affiliated with this company in any way shape or form just posted for information
This is who we use. http://www.ramcoconstructiontools.com/#
don't know if this is legit.. or any way helpful.. found it on the web.. http://hammerdepot.com/parts/rockram-parts.htm
most of the rock rams that iv'e seen was at ritchie bros auctions and the stories that iv'e heard was not good every time I've ever sent a hammer to get rebuilt it got scrapped thats just my experience i would do a lot of investigating before i spent any money on it
Thanks for the replies, I have seen HammerDepot, never had any dealings with them. The shop I took it to was Company Wrench, if anyone has not heard of them, it would be worth checking out their website. I'm at their main shop in Carroll Ohio frequently, they do some pretty impressive stuff and are extremely knowledgeable which is why I'm stunned that they cant find parts for this f@#$in thing! Like I stated previous, I have little experience with breakers so, I don't even know what parts they need. I was going to call their hyd. guy and see , but have been too busy working on other trucks etc. I assume that there is a 'complete' rebuild kit you usually use when rebuilding these things, like engine kits? I generally like to do business with vendors that have good reputations with people I know ,rather than just calling places all over the country that I have no experiences with, too many crooks and liars in the parts biz these days- especially when you find them online!
This is why I only ever recomment that people buy hammers/breakers from the big boys- Allied,Stanley,NPK and such. Ive found NPK to be the easiest and most reliable to work on and get parts for
Hello everyone a few years ago I rebuilt a rockram from auction it was for a 321 cat and I got the rebuild kit from gorilla hammers I lost the contact number but I'm thinking they were from new York the guy I dealt with was John and he knew his stuff ....and he also said who ever rock ram is the just dump them at auction there gypsies
In 30 years ive had two classes on breakers they showed us the accumulator that holds a nitrogen charge he said if its weak hitting the charge is low if the charge escapes replace the accumulator they havent let me tear into one yet
Hey guys I work at Gorilla hammers in Randolph Massachusetts. I’m a hydraulic hammer tech we are the most knowledgeable shop around when it comes to hammers. Our salesman John can get parts for any make and model. We sold over 200 new Gorilla hammers and over 200 repaired hammers left our shop this year, if we can’t fix your hammer no one can! Call the shop @ 1781 986 3905 with any questions. Thank you and have a good day.
Thanks Al! I'm keeping that number
Hi Gorilla Al. So I just pulled down this Atlas SBU220 The tool and bushing are worn out, now I see metal transfer from the piston to the lands of this liner. I imagine this would condemn both parts, so all I'm reusing is the main housing and top cap. Is this a feasible rebuild? I haven't priced out parts yet, so maybe I'll do that and try to see what a new one goes for.
Atlas copco is a good hammer brand. The tool bit and lower tool bushing are a wear parts and can easily be removed and replaced. The piston has minor scoring. Let me just start with saying The manufacturer says replace any damaged components. The piston will never be new again. Now let get into cost efficient rebuilds and what you can get away with not replacing. Minor scoring on the piston can be cleaned. A rough surface from scoring or poor cleaning during a rebuild can make the seals deteriorate quicker. I would start with a 120 grit belt sander removing as little material as possible. Working up to a finer grit almost polishing the piston. Here is a rebuild where a customer declined a new piston and what we did to clean it up. That is all water damage on the piston due to improper storage.
that water damage and small pitting looks like it cleaned up nicely. Good to know. Mine had actual metal transfer, customer passed on repair when I quoted piston, cylinder, tool and bushing. I thought it was a solid candidate for a rebuild, but not my money