Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Reccomendations for Single Operator Post Driver

OKLAHOMA_47 · 2023-12-26 17:22

I'm looking at Danuser Hammer, Hornet, and IDT Texas 750 or 1250 post driver and concrete breaker attachments - my question is regarding operation without a spotter/helper - just single operator. Do the grapple/plumb bob versions of the above units do a decent job of allowing a post driven true and straight from the operators seat? If not, why? Feel free to reccomend any units that do the trick! T-Post to Railroad Tie This would be running off my ASV RT-120F, so a 45 gpm HF hydraulic circuit is available.

Replies2
  1. #1MG842023-12-26 22:30

    I’m a fencing contractor and have given up on the notion of a one man post driver for a skid steer. You basically have two options, the ‘conventional’ type that you have to climb in and out of the skid steer to run (shaver, wheatheart, etc) and the ‘hammer’ type that really requires two people to driver a straight post (danuser, Montana, etc). When working by myself neither of those options was good so I set up a dedicated fence building tractor using a 4wd Kubota with hst transmission and a shaver HD10 driver on the back. It’s much easier to get on and off than a skid steer and I can operate all the controls from the ground to fine tune the position of the tractor.

  2. #2idigtexas2024-01-14 12:16

    Here at Texas Post Drivers and I Dig Texas we currently agree with MG84! Currently there is not a perfect "one man" fence driving solution! We have tried em' all! Basically, we should all be nicer to our neighbors.