Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Recommendations on a gauge set

azvacs · 2021-12-09 08:35

Looking to purchase a hydraulic pressure gauge set and was wondering if anyone had a recommendation on what to purchase. I’m working on my Takeuchi TL130. It would not be used very often.

Replies6
  1. #1sotexdirt2022-01-07 21:20
  2. #2John C.2022-01-08 13:34

    I haven't done any work on that brand of machine so don't know the ways to connect to the machine nor the maximum pressures that the systems work at. In general anyone who is selling a kit is asking somewhere around twice the amount of money for what you can spend to piece together what you need. Figure a high pressure gauge for the main system that will read half again higher pressure than your machine will produce. You will need a connection hose that will connect to the gauge rated for your pressure and be long enough to be able to read the gauge from the cab seat. Then you will need the proper fittings to be able to hook to your system. You will also need a gauge to read the pilot controls in the machine. Those pressures are usually less than a thousand pounds but figure on 1,500 to 2,000 PSI. Good Luck!

  3. #3tool_king2022-01-08 17:04

    The fittings are mostly BSP threads .Get you self a 600,3,000,5,000 and 10,000 liquid filled and you should be good .I will see i have p/n on the test kit .

  4. #4JLarson2022-01-09 01:24

    For someone that isn't going to use it very much probably just get the liquid gauges and adapters you need.

  5. #5azvacs2022-01-13 12:14

    Thanks, part number would be helpful.

  6. #6Txhayseed2022-01-14 23:39

    I get mine on amazon. I got the 5 gauge set from yvoss. Came with gauges and a good supply of fittings/ adapters and lines. Been a very good set. You can expensive if you want but its not worth it IMO. This gauge that gauge all have the same thing in common. That little sticker that says made in china.. The ones I bought are very accurate and i use them a lot... I mean alot. Plus if I smash one or drop one etc I don't get ticked about since it didn't cost me a fortune. A lot of my testing equipment is from amazon these days. I don't see paying more for the same quality you can these days for less. Of course everyone has their own opinion on that but thats mine