Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Recommended Manuals

stathamj ยท 2014-02-21 00:16

I'm in the process of trying to accquire a used machine. The owner says he doesn't have the manuals. Not sure if he's the original owner. Anyway, I was wondering what manuals you would recomend getting. I'm not sure what came with it originally. If anything, other than an operators manual. I've looked on a couple of sites that have manuals and there are about 8-10. Some may have been duplicates or for differant serial numbered machines. But, was wanting to get what I needed. Operators, U/C & Chassis Parts breakdown, Engine breakdown and parts manual, Maintenance. Any other suggestions? Thanks for the help. James

Replies2
  1. #1kshansen2014-02-21 07:50

    I would say it all depends on how much of the work on the machine you are going to be doing yourself. Bare minimum would be operators manual which often includes information on what oils to use and how often they and filters need to be changed. If you are going to be having someone else do repairs I would check with them to see if they already have access to the repair and parts manuals. Many companies have much of this online these days. You didn't mention what make or model you are looking at but Case and John Deere have pretty good parts info online. Cat has a good lot of information from parts and service available but not sure how big a customer you need to be to access this info. Let us know more details about this machine and who knows one of us here may have the books you need collecting dust on a shelf.

  2. #2stathamj2014-02-22 01:01

    kshansen, Thanks for the info. No matter who does the work I still like having the manuals. I didn't specifically mention the make or model till I make sure I'm going to get it. But, no mater what machine you get I figured you'd get the same manual for whatever you bought. Or, that's my way of thinking. Thanks for the replies. James P.S. I should find out tomorrow if I'm getting it.