Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Recommended repairer in the Brisbane, Australia area Kobelco SK70SR

12Andrew34 ยท 2013-12-16 01:08

Hi Guys, Having some issues with controls on my 2004 SK70SR and was wondering if anyone could recommend a repairer that is mobile or on the Northside of Brisbane (I am up near Caboolture). Don't mind paying to have it repaired but if I'm going to pay someone to learn how to repair it I may as well do it myself. I'd much rather pay an expert as I really don't have the time. Regards Andrew

Replies2
  1. #1George catman2013-12-22 15:00

    Hi Andrew, We use a small workshop, Heavy equipment repairer in Brendale QLD, he has a couple of service units, what exactly are the controls doing that require service? Let met know if you would like me to pass on details.

  2. #212Andrew342013-12-23 16:38

    List of Woe's Hi George, Thanks for the reply. It's got a few problems. I bought this machine secondhand and it came complete with these issues, at the time I was fairly new to the world of excavators and didn't realise the issues till it was a bit late, now I need to find out if it is better to repair or cut my losses and start again. The controls seem to lack sensitivity, if the revs are up then all of the controls seem to be either on or off, no modulation of the motion. This is less of a problem if I drop the revs a bit and make sure I have at least 2 actions going all the time. Like if I work the main boom at the same time as I crowd the arm then it works more smoothly. Another issue is when I crowd the bucket without it being loaded the buck stops mid crowd even though the controls are being held on full crowd. The same issue happens with the off set boom, if I go from one off set to the other it will stop mid way. Then I have to release the controls and start again and the action will slowly start until it finishes the action at about normal speed, but again with no modulation. Another issue is when I push the main boom down and keep pushing it seems to have good (normal) power but if I stop with it loaded and start it again it has no (reduced) power. Another issue is the slew action has slop in it. When I slew and stop the machine doesn't come to a solid stop it has slop in it like the slew ring gear is loose? I think that is the main issues covered. I would like the contact details of the Guys you have found to be good, hopefully I can get an idea what it's going to cost to bring it up to scratch and make a decision about keeping it. Regards Andrew