Well I knew that the market for good, used equipment wsa doing pretty well, I had no clue that it was like this! Apparently a '96 john deere 9400 combine sold for over $80,000 last month. Even the king of auctions, Machinery Pete hadn't seen one sell for that much. it looks like its in great condition and has about 2300 hours on it, but I just can't see myself spending that much. maybe thats just me but i dont know. what in heck would all of you guys do? you can see it here actually http://blog.machinefinder.com/4378/jd9400-combine-auction
what was so special about this 9400 just the fact that it was small?......I've only ever seen 9500 & 9600s
Not sure but some machines have built up such a good reputation that they go for good money, especially considering that some farmers are finding that the newer stuff with loads of electrics are giving them problems when they need the machines to work, hence the older workhorses are getting big dollars.