Please see attached photo. So, look at my seat please. Does cat sell a seat cover? Do they sell the foam? I would like to keep the factory cat logo look. The foam is kinda ok? Should I replace that also? Does cat sell that? I'm not sure an upholstery shop can find a logo and the same fabric. What happened is...when near new....my dad had a screw driver in his pocket......... Thanks
Check your Cat parts book. I was able to buy the foam and the cover from Cat.
Awesome. I had some kind of thought that they just try to sell the whole seat! What was the rough price you paid for yours? Were you able to recover it yourself? Thanks for the reply.
Yair . . . Mountainmover. Are you kidding . . . that really matters? Cheers.
I sold the machine before I installed it, it was a 307. What is your serial number? Or just call your local Cat dealer with the serial # and they can check price and availability.
I use an upholstery man that reuses the logos. Idk how he does it but they always come out looking factory on any brand. I'm interested to find out what the dealer cover costs.
I think item #1 (245-7884) is the seat cover for both the back as well as the seat bottom. Better call CAT dealer to verify. Not sure on replacing foam. Screenshot shows price from my CAT dealer - $491.22
Thanks. Thanks. Do you have a way of viewing cat parts online? Thanks for the screenshot. I tried to zoom in but it was fuzzy. It's amazing that cloth is that expensive! Caterpillar has gotten cheaper on many parts but that is ridiculous! I wonder if aftermarket makes one?
Mountainmover Problem solved.Get some Glad-wrap,Sandwich plastic wrap, spin it around the seat2-4 times,then go to the local hardware-store and buy a can of Foam-fill,sit on the seat and pump the sucker f-fill. It will be a personally fitted seat. Don't bother thanking me.
I brought one to an upholstery place and they had a special heavy duty material for machine seats that was rated for something like 10,000 sittings and its great. cost about $225 installed. been in there for a few years and still looks new
I gave that a try and now can't get out of machine! Was I supose to spray the foam under the plastic wrap, not on top?
Your Cat PSR can set you up with an online account to view parts diagrams for your machines, I have one set up and it works great. My suggestion for the seat is to get a heavy duty seat cover and run it.
Might want to contact this outfit: http://www.industrialseats.com/equipment.asp?ID=4 They seem to have a wide selection of seats. Might be cheaper to buy a complete seat than recover a used one that may have worn suspension that will need work in a short time. Note I have never dealt with this outfit, nor will I get a kick back if you do buy one.