hello i have a problem, I should recover the old machine tools semi submerged in mud, my truck crane can not enter, the road is muddy rutted and bumpy, renting a car is inexpensive construction suitable anti expenses are greater than the gain it recommended to recover economically? system or technique that you would use, or used, I turn to the experts recycling metal materials, thanks to the next
If you reclaimed the lathe etc what would you have after the trouble and expense as opposed to buying new and getting new technology?It would be tempting to use this stuff again but would it be cost effective?Ron G
Are you planning to sell those for scrap metal? have you checked your local scrap price lately, because here that wouldn't be worth hauling very far at all, even if you could pick it up with your truck. On the other hand, if you want to use them yourself, I admit that I'd keep them around, but it looks like a lot of missing parts on equipment that's not worth anything to start with... Here you can buy a working lathe with an assortment of tooling for around $1,000. The money is in the tooling, not the machines.
I have to remove them from the ground to clean up, you have to be scrapped but the expense to retrieve them is greater than the market expense recovery to sell them as scrap truck u 3-axle crane clamshell claw type Is Hard To come into reverse gear should I take a car earthmoving and pull them to the side of the road about 30 meters of dirt and mud, I was clear, the truck has only one drive axle it would take a camio construction or quarry with traction for off-road, what do you recommend? thanks to those who will want to provide useful suggestions to the next a friend of mine suggested I hire a mechanical shovel or a backhoe,a wheel loader but the expenses are greater than the market value of the old crap what to do? where the best most economic solution? http://www.lumbermenonline.com/handlers/ShowItemImage.ashx?TYPE=MFG&ID=400&FILE=IMG_IMG_0488A.jpg http://www.lumbermenonline.com/ManufacturedPDFS/400/IronAxLogLoaderBrochure.pdf MECHANICAL DIGGER WHEEL LOADER METAL RECYCLING FACILITY
Think about digging a hole close to the scrap with whatever you can get the cheapest and pulling the scrap into it.Ron G
Bulldozer with winch.
Get a team of draft horses...
You have the truck. But you can't drive it close enough? Bring some chains and drag them out if it's only 30 meters.
The three-axle trucks, has only one drive axle being a farmland fear that we will remain mired, stuck stuck, bring a wheel loader imply a strong spending and the recovery would become uneconomical, we have to find an economical and quick solution otherwise not worth recovering and recycling the iron
Drag it out in pieces? Pull or cut off what you can to make it lighter, hand dig a ramp the way you wanna put it out then drag it out with what ever you have
As Lanway said, simple solution use a dozer tail end winch
I contacted charterer for backhoe wants a figure to pull up to the road becomes uneconomical, the scrap dealer refuses to enter into the ground says that it is soft and slippery is riscia to remain bogged down and locked, I think if it enters into reverse and is positioned parallel to wire can load and exit load, he is afraid he does not trust, rent a backhoe or other equipment is priced between transportation bulldozer rental and other expenses do not go out with the budget for technical help wondering why, I can not remove them because they are semi buried and rusty bolts, I think if I do not find an economic solution will them to rot
Just a shame to see a piece of machinery like that being let go to that point. I know with modern methods that is not worth much but still to think of what that equipment helped build over the years still sad.
Don't lose any sleep over those lathes Ken, they're safe and sound with loving families. The pics in the first post are the machines in question, all the other pics are borrowed online, and have their forever homes already.
were my grandfather has kept five children and married them, are emotionally attached to those machines, but I have to get rid of it, maybe we will use to retrieve a small truck with a small crane let you know, if it manages to get into the garden, the bulldozer cost much transport it to the ground it is on the outskirts