Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Registry Cleaner

willie59 ยท 2009-11-01 22:02

I'm looking for a good registry cleaner for the wify's laptop. Something free would be excellent. I use Registry Mechanic from PC Tools. It works great but you have to pay for a renewal. Any suggestions? :cool2

Replies16
  1. #1OCR2009-11-01 22:45

    Registry Cleaner: You might try.... :cool2 http://www.ccleaner.com/ Down load it from here, if you want it... http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/ OCR And would you stop pulling my glasses down!!!

  2. #2willie592009-11-01 23:11

    Thanks, I will for sure look into that. And if it works well, I will discontinue using my "pay to renew" program and add it to my laptop.

  3. #395zIV2009-11-02 12:30

    This is the one that my company uses: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx

  4. #4carogator2009-11-02 17:21

    i should have read the post first

  5. #5sandy2009-11-03 03:05

    Try this one http://www.eusing.com/free_registry_cleaner/registry_cleaner.htm I have Ccleaner as well this is more like registry mechanic the have a registry defrag as well

  6. #6willie592009-11-03 22:06

    Hmmm, choices...looks like I got some research to do this weekend. Thanks everyone.

  7. #7OCR2009-11-03 23:26

    Registry Cleaner: Plenty.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ccleaner http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php...edirs=0&search=ccleaner&fulltext=Search&ns0=1 OCR...

  8. #8stock2009-11-04 05:03

    Well Atco I use both cc cleaner and tune up 2008 both with great results.

  9. #9hrlow22010-05-24 21:48

    All of the people of the tech forums I frequent reccommend CCleaner. Any other runs a high risk of hosing your system. Have seen some pretty expensive doorstops created by people just clicking OK without knowing what was getting removed.

  10. #10OCR2010-05-24 22:07

    Registry Cleaner: Here's one.... http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?act=idx Yeah, I've read that, too. OCR

  11. #11RonG2010-05-25 03:44

    That CCcleaner developer has a defragmenting software called "Defraggler" and it is the best that I have ever used.It seems a little slow but that is because it is thorough and it is free as well.Great software!Ron G

  12. #12stock2010-06-09 05:04

    Well Atco how did you get on and which are you using?

  13. #13willie592010-06-09 20:56

    Hi Stock, well, usining CC cleaner on wifes computer. Seems to work fine. I still have some subscription time left on the Registry Mechanic on my laptop so I'll wait until renewal to change it.

  14. #14qball2010-06-09 23:59

    wow, i used cc and defragger. awesome!

  15. #15Monrad2010-09-26 06:04

    Yep ccleaner is all I use, perfect. Alot of others tend to be trigger happy and can cause trouble, ccleaner works just right.

  16. #16sparker102012-06-27 10:36

    I have been using C Cleaner for years - Have tried many different free ones in the past but C Cleaner is far the best one. I also like the fact that it can clean all files but still maintain cookies that store passwords for commonly used sites.