Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Relief Valve on Backhoe

sundown61 ยท 2013-06-17 19:16

Does anyone know where the relief valve is located on a 2002 case 580 super m backhoe? It is leaking between the spools on the loader control valve and someone told me to see if the relief valve is stuck. Thanks for any help.

Replies2
  1. #1melben2013-06-17 19:33

    The relief is located on the rear end section of the loader lalve. If the relief was stuck closed you would destroy something in a hurry, if open the system is mostly unresponsive. Leakage between the sections is not unheard of and I have a leaker now that I must redo, after disassembly and cleaning and magnafluxing both sections. Unless you have the coupler, know where the test point is located and have a knowledge of test procedures I would advise getting some help from a Case Tech, there are different series of these machines, different pumps and different test points. If your machine digs well, don't stall the engine when using the hydraulics, I doubt you have a relief problem, Mostly, the pressures will deteriorate over years, seldom if ever increased in pressure. You have done well to post your problem on this site. There is a wealth of knowledge and info here and an eagerness to share/ help others. I think most will agree with my comments.

  2. #2alrman2013-06-18 04:12

    Welcome to HEF sundown61 :drinkup If you have a leak coming from between the sections on the LCV, you will find this thread interesting - HeavyEquipmentForums