Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Removing Transmission in a D8K

jay197 · 2010-03-16 23:12

Just wondering if anyone has done this and if you can remove it from the bottom or it can only be done from the top. We have enough clearance in height from the bottom to remove it but the width between the swing frame looks like it could be a problem. Thanks.

Replies6
  1. #1John C.2010-03-17 01:00

    Last one I did I took out through the top. The worst part was removing the ROPS.

  2. #2AmerIndependent2010-03-17 11:30

    We have always done it through the top….not too bad.

  3. #3jay1972010-03-19 15:06

    Thanks

  4. #4oldirt2010-03-19 17:07

    You have to get the belly pans off anyhow, when you do measure it up, it might drop down through. I know you can drive a D6 up on planks to get enough clearance and do this very thing. Might be able to use the rops for a crane? Just what I have seen. Good luck..

  5. #5Arabhacks2010-03-19 18:29

    Rops Hello. No, the ROPS would be a bad idea, the reason being is the side loading, remember you will need to swing that transmission one way or the other.

  6. #6D6c10K2010-03-20 13:08

    When I pulled my steering clutches I hung a small I-beam under the canopy with chains and made up a trolly so I could roll the load sideways....may not give you enough swing front-to-rear but it worked for what I was doing.