I need to repair an oil seal in the track drive gear box. The name on the drive is Kayaba Industry. I believe the machine is Kolbelko rebadged as CASE. Internet search had turned up nothing. All I need is the drive manual if that is available. Thanks in advance!
It's a Kayaba MAG-18VP-200E drive unit. The floating seal is only supplied to Case/Kobelco, SK25SR-2 has same drive. It's unique size on the gearbox that was only built for them. If you get me dimensions I may be able to supply in that manner. Otherwise you'll have to go through Case or Kobelco. PM15V01004S002 is the seal number
Thanks man! Do you have a repair manual for that drive?
Contact MR. KOBELCO here. He can get you the repair manual.
i e-mailed you the repair section last night. cheers!
I started this project then got pulled away. Track is off, everything is cleaned up but I am uncertain about the wire inside the small plug hole on the side of the wheel motor. Picture in the manual is not clear but verbiage says to pull it "out" in order to remove the face plate cover. I'm thinking it means pull it out through that small hole which of course will probably destroy it. Once I figure out how that cover comes off I will remove the unit from the machine. I figured it would be easier leveraging it while still attached. Any help is appreciated Mr. Kobelco.
Remove plug. Get a hook and fish out the wire. To make it easier to get out you can remove the plugs on the cover, thread bolts into them and use a bar to help spin the cover as you pull on the wire. It's pretty easy to do and you should not destroy it.
Thank you! I thought so but did not want to jam myself up by breaking the wire trying to pull it out that tiny hole. The bolts I need to get, don't have any metric handy. I'll pick them up this week. Spent the day working on my tractor and need to finish getting that serviced. Never ends! Thanks again finaldrive...
If you do damage the wire, you can use a steel leader wire. We use it all the time when rebuilding this style of unit.
Thanks again finaldrive.
Looking for more help please, frustrated.... This project sat all winter and most of this summer due to my inability to remove the wheel drive cover. I got the wire out but no matter how hard I try I can't spin that cover. My method has been to thread two bolts into the cover holes and with a bar running between them, try to turn it, however, the threads are not liking this and I don't want to mess them up. The 1/2 inch bolts are a few thousandths undersize of the metric so I taped them but they are not real snug. A guy that commonly works on Bobcat told be to use the center hole and run the bolt in and it would push the cover off, using the center shaft as a stop, but I am reluctant to do that as the manual does not mention it and I am concerned with damaging the gear rack immediately inside of the holes. Another issue is the small hydraulic line which comes off the motor below the others (or above depending upon left or right side of machine, see picture) on at a 90 degree fitting. I have removed and reinstalled the other lines to allow me to keep the machine moving in order to get other equipment around it but I can't get this line off due to in-access to a good bite as a hold back on the upper nut/bushing. Additionally, the fitting blocks one of the cap screws that holds the unit to the machine so I can't even remove the motor to tip it in order to get a better bite on that fitting. I sure would appreciate advise. Is it safe to use the center hole in the cover to run a bolt in and leverage off the center shaft of the drive to remove that cover? Also, if I end up cutting the hose I can't break free from the bushing, where does that lead? I'm thinking it follows inside the protective sleeve and ends up on the lower right side of the machine as I see a like hose through the small access door there. Picture link below.
Thank you all!! Many Thanks to Mr. Kolbeco and finaldrive for coaching me along with this project, I was simply being too careful in my attempt to remove that cover and can also pass some advise along to others based upon my experience. If spinning to break the seal won't work, you can ease the wheel motor cover off by using the center fill hole and a long bolt which will contact the center shaft directly inside the cover. I gradually tightened the bolt and when doing so the cover came off without binding. A retired town highway employee showed me that trick. After that, it was quite simple to get to the floating seals. The steel rings were like new showing no wear at all so I took the O rings to a local supply house and they matched them up. The inner most ring was broken in two, and that is what caused the leak. It now works like a charm in addition to giving me a good lesson in wheel motor maintenance and repair. Great forum here, thanks again for the assistance. :salute
hi there, i'm having the same problem with mine, could you explain in abit more detail how you removed the wire. thanks
Grab the end of the wire through the little hole, I used needle nose pliers, then yank it out until you have it all on the outside.