Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Replace a hydraulic cylinder, then very slowly work back and forth a very little at a

klover ยท 2013-03-15 01:00

time. Hi all: First post, been reading great stuff for tomorrow's Case 580 auction! Thought as a millwright/welder/machinist, I would retire playing in some dirt for myself. Changed out a cylinder recently, and someone just had to see it go past center with a very heavy load (and nothing but air inside the new cylinder!). Slam! The air simply compressed, and could have killed! Next similar change, I can tell you we had a sling on, and moved inches back and forth until very positive the air was replaced by oil! No slam, what do you know? I predicited it the first time, but the eager beavers simply would not listen to a stop work request by "the new guy"! Stay safe out there! A little inattention can get you killed!

Replies2
  1. #1klover2013-03-15 01:21

    Hi Klover: Welcome to the Heavy Equipment forum! I think you are like a fox when you try for your

  2. #2klover2013-03-15 01:24

    3 posts in such a fashion. I can't help it if I have 700 posts in another forum, and sort of know my way around the internet! Be safe out there! The grim reaper is around every corner, and I am sure to take a look before I go around the corner to meet him!