Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Replacement parts:

1693TA ยท 2022-01-30 20:19

Is it true on a medium sized dozer with wet steering clutches and brake bands, parts can be north of $3K per side to replace these? Mine appear to be fine but conversing with another gent he tells me they are, or can be that expensive. I don't know if that is because of Allis-Chalmers, or all in general? Sure seems exorbitant regardless.

Replies5
  1. #1cuttin edge2022-02-03 12:23

    Parts are crazy expensive. 2.... well they have a fancy name, but to me it's plastic, any way they are plastic bushings for my Volvo grader. The blade slides side to side, and rolls ahead and back on them. $300 per side. I was in the shop the other day, and there were 4 skids on the floor. Complete running gear for the D3, and the D6R. New pads for both machines as well. Everything from Cat. Sprockets, rollers, idlers, chains $$$$$$$$. I didn't even ask. I am looking at buying one of the backhoes. It had an electrical fire. Something like $8000, for fuse box and wiring harness.

  2. #2Welder Dave2022-02-03 15:19

    I had the steering clutches and brake bands done on my Cat 931B with dry brakes and with labour was about $3500 cad. per side. I think $3000 for a medium sized dozer could be on the low side.

  3. #3Dave Neubert2022-02-03 16:38

    I recently did clutches and brake bands on a D4D it ran $4,000 using aftermarket parts for both sides with labor

  4. #41693TA2022-02-04 12:33

    Always figured dozers would be expensive to purchase parts for. I've replaced steering clutches and brake bands in the past on IH dozers, but only installed and never seen receipts for the material costs.

  5. #5DMiller2022-02-04 13:54

    Yellow Iron, the GOLD of the Parts Seller.