Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

replacing angle sensor ex200

Bremcoe · 2013-11-11 19:15

looking for info on how to properly set up the angle sensor on the hyd pump on a 92 hitachi ex200-2.

Replies12
  1. #1shopguy2013-11-11 19:46

    With the key OFF unplug the angle sensor and start the engine let it run at low idle the pump will go to full stroke and load the heck out of the engine turn off the key and plug in the angle sensor , turn the key on but don't start the engine pin the middle wire on the a/s harness and adjust the a/s to 4.4 volts

  2. #2Bremcoe2013-11-11 20:51

    great information! thanks!

  3. #3wilko2013-11-11 21:32

    Have you had it all the way off? There's a little dot on the shaft, it needs to go a certain way. If memory serves, the dot goes away from the wire harness.

  4. #4Bremcoe2013-11-11 21:42

    hmm. I'll have to look into that Tomorrow when I install the new one.

  5. #5Bremcoe2013-11-12 17:19

    can this be confirmed? I'm about to install the new one. I see the dot. away from the plug wires on the sensor or on the wire side?

  6. #6Bremcoe2013-11-12 18:36

    here's another question. the shaft on the a/s looks pretty small for where it goes. here's some pictures. am I missing a small piece? this is the way it came out. but who's to say no one mucked around in here. http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c...D829F52C-703-0000013477D61E77_zps7144f5a6.jpg http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c...23C6D8C7-703-000001347DEEED88_zpsd112d95c.jpg

  7. #7Bremcoe2013-11-13 12:25

    still looking for an answer

  8. #8JackDeere2013-11-18 22:18

    Yes there is a little spring clip that goes into the slot that on the pump side that you show in the second photo.

  9. #9Bremcoe2013-11-20 17:21

    yup! picked one up at my local wajax for 4$. thanks!

  10. #10dieseltech2013-11-27 00:41

    The dot on the shaft goes away from the wiring harness (opposite end)

  11. #11kj.fahey2024-02-05 07:06

    So how can I physically pin the middle wire on the harness and how do I adjust the angle sensor?

  12. #12kj.fahey2024-02-05 07:06

    I’m new to working on these machines I’m just trying to relay the instructions to somebody else who’s not so tech friendly lol