Hey Folks, I found some Hy-Gaurd on the inside of my Left front wheel. Looks like it's leaking from the round seal in the center of inner wheel Wondering if I have to pull the axle for this and whats involved/what to watch out for... Any help would be awesome. Cheers JM
Just changed one a couple a weeks ago. See if I can remember the steps. Remove wheel, drain remaining oil from final drive. Remove tie rod end, there will be two alen bolts near the wheel studs remove those then take the planetary cover off, look inside there will be a C clip on the axle you will need to remove this also it can be a pain to remove not much room. Now you can remove the upper and lower bearings that are both held on with 4 bolts. These can be very stubborn to get out. I had to use a hammer and chisel to get them out. Once you get those out the nuckel will be lose remove it and you will be able to remove the old seal. Just reverse the steps to put it back together. The seal has two parts to it when took mine apart part of the old seal remaind on the axle make sure to remove this pice as it might look like part of the shaft. Hopes this helps and isn't too confuseing. I might have forgot something as I am just going from memory. Wish I took some pictures.
Thank you for your help Canadian_Digger :thumbsup When I complete this I'll try and post some pictures for anyone else who has the same issue. Cheers, JM