Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Replacing OEM Hyd Cyl Pin Bushings

Kobe130 ยท 2011-12-14 22:35

Having commited to resealing my SK130lc boom cyls and replacing one shaft due to a gouge I balked at replacing the base end pin bushing with a Kobelco part due to the high price ($235 ea for 70x80x80 mm). My bearing guy found some INA inner hardened bearing races for $48 ea at 70x80x35. I'll use 2 which will leave a radial gap of 10 mm for a grease groove. The grooves that Kobelco uses to distribute grease didn't help much in this case as the originals were badly galled but only on the side under stress when the cyl retracts. I suppose they would have been ok if they were religiously greased but that never happens. Wish these OEMs would at least try to meet owner/operators half way on parts prices. On some parts they just seem to be nuts. Comments?

Replies4
  1. #1willie592011-12-14 23:52

    I deal with parts everyday. And yes, OEM parts prices have gone up. But it's my opinion it's because machine sales are so bad and they have to make money to keep the doors open. Nevertheless, some folks ain't "made of money" as it were. Try Ball Bushing Warehouse if you know the size of your bushings. They can also provide the lip seals you need for your bushings. I've purchased bushings and seals from them several times for much less than OEM. http://www.ebushing.com/

  2. #2Kobe1302011-12-15 01:10

    Thx Willy59, but they do not have the same size I need. It can be a chore to find aftermarket replacements. Sometimes I make parts myself if the OEM cost is just too much and then it can turn into a pretty good investment of time. Just bought some more CaseCE parts today and Case has just pushed thru a price increase over the weekend but they gave me last week prices. As mentioned earlier they seem to be pretty decent on some items and then wildly out of line on other items. They tell me that here in Western Canada parts and machine sales are pretty good. While I was wandering around the dealers lot a load of new Case skid loaders came in. People used to say Cat was the worst in pricing parts but seems to me Kobelco and Case are right up there with Caterpillar. That said I know that most guys complain about every OEM's parts prices.

  3. #3cps2011-12-15 14:06

    Hi Kobe, i can supply this part, non O.E.M for about $115 CAD (at today's Rate) plus shipping which i can check what it costs! Let me know if you are Interested Aiden

  4. #4Kobe1302011-12-16 23:38

    Thx Aiden, I have already ordered the INA bearings but for future reference are you able to supply OEM equivalent bearings/bushings for Kobelco I like your price on that unit.