Just wondering if anyone has replaced the throttle cable in this machine with an aftermarket unit. I have a really nice smooth operating cable in place to operate the throttle manually. Removing original inoperable stepper motor and original cable which was rough. The glitch seems to be that the injector pump has a very strong return spring in it which wants to close the throttle when I want it to stay open. I guess the next step in this would be to open up the pump and see if I can replace that spring with a softer one that will allow the throttle to be controlled from cab side rather than pump side. Anybody had any experience with this? Thx & Regards.
There are aftermarket cables that thead and lock with a button in the center to unlock. We have used these cables on that same machine with no problems.