I have a 2006 Pro Trax (Boxer 427W) and have broken the mounting point for the tilt cylinder on the universal mounting plate. It's cast iron and can't be repaired. Do I have to replace it with one from Boxer or will other makes fit? Is there one made of steel instead of cast metal? Can anyone recommend aftermarket suppliers for Boxer parts?
Are you saying the cylinder is broken or the mounting plate?
The mounting plate attachment point.
The cylinder is fine. The weak point is the plate being cast iron, that's why I would like to find a steel plate.
Are you talking about this thing? I have to admit, I know nothing about a Boxer, but I would be amazed if this assembly was cast iron.
That's it. The top center mount is what split in half. I took it to a machine shop where the owner showed me it was cast iron and not steel,( by the lenght and type of sparks a grinder causes). He said he could weld it, but because it is a high stress point believed it wouldn't hold up and he would be taking my money.
Even though the coupling interface is "universal" the rest is specific to the machine model. OEM's tweak the various mounting points to account for clearance, change lift capacity, etc. But it would be a good starting point. Find something close then have the machine shop mimic the mounts on the cast version. ISZ
I hear ya. Again, I know nothing about those machines, would wager you have to go OEM for replacement. But then, why did it break in the first place? The questions that drive you nuts.
The diagram you show looks like it came from the parts manual I have. It broke because I was stupid and was trying to do more than the machine was capable of, so now I must pay for my stupidity. Thanks for the help.
PM sent.
Did you grease the tilt pin? That's been mentioned before as a mode of failure.
A good machine shop would surely replace the damaged piece of course at what price and would it be economically advantageous to have it done?
Thanks to all that responded. I ordered a new plate from Boxer and they gave me a real good price after I had compared to serveral places. Could not find any one made of steel, but have learned an expensive lesson to not push its limitations. Thanks again