Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Replacing worn fanbelt case 580e

jimmynoshow · 2023-09-25 20:12

Is there any easy way to do the fan belt without removing the hydraulic pump ? I saw a quick video and I wasn’t sure if it was legit ? a guy loosened the four bolts by the spline in the front and slides it back and you could sneak the belt in a heard any truth to this or does anybody know of an easy way to do this ? thank you for your time in advance this forum has been a big help already to me

Replies6
  1. #1HarleyHappy2023-09-26 10:39

    I’m following this as I need to replace my tensioner and may do the belt as well.

  2. #2Delmer2023-09-26 10:41

    Yes, generally on backhoes there's room to scootch the hydraulic pump or coupler forward enough to get the belt through. It's not easy. Some people will put two in there and wire one out of the way as a spare, I wouldn't do that, as the second one will be stiff and as old as the one that fails. If you have to keep going for a breakdown, then that might make sense.

  3. #3jimmynoshow2023-09-26 11:04

    Thanks i’m going to take a look over there today spray the spline with some WD-40 will penetrate see if I’m not scared enough to hack a lot by myself I do all my own repairs on all the vehicles in my home and my children’s I just haven’t worked on a machine, I do have a dodge ram with a six BT Cummins so I’m pretty familiar just a little nervous to do that custom machine Hass to get picked up on Sunday for transport upstate I don’t want to disable it but on the other hand I don’t wanna count on the ****** belt that’s on there if it broke thank you for your time and your response

  4. #4jimmynoshow2023-09-26 16:28

    How do I loosen the bottom bolt on the coupler so I can pry it back I can’t seem to put the prybar in the right spot to rotate the engine I ended up having three bolts loose and I tighten one rotated the engine ended up was still a typo that I can’t bring up top

  5. #5Vetech632023-09-26 17:08

    Unplug the fuel stop solenoid and bump the starter.

  6. #6jimmynoshow2023-09-26 18:46

    Thank you for the info I made it through I just have to go back tomorrow and tighten the bolts a tiny bit more I think the torque spec was pretty tight I was only able to tighten them until the fans spun . My buddies gonna come with me tomorrow and hold a prybar against Monic balancer and I’ll give it a good shot on each bolt otherwise it did go pretty easy Thank you everybody on this forum that has helped me