Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Repurpose Dozer steel tracks

headrc ยท 2016-10-29 11:06

I replaced my dozer tracks a year ago with the advice of many fine folks here. So now the question is, are there any ideas of repurposing the old tracks and sprockets? Of course I could just scrap them but if there are some smart ideas of repurposing hem I would like to hear them. Thanks again. RH

Replies11
  1. #1ol'stonebreaker2016-10-29 11:10

    Yard art. Mike

  2. #2Huntoon2016-10-29 13:20

    My father-in-law welded the chains together to be a mailbox post

  3. #3clintm2016-10-29 13:34

    the pad's make great wear block's on buckets and such

  4. #4headrc2016-10-29 14:28

    Interesting ideas, although I keep trying to think of something more utilitarian for them. The wear blocks idea is interesting though. I wonder if a sprocket could be used for rotating welding table.

  5. #5lantraxco2016-10-29 14:34

    Just wait for scrap prices to go up and recycle them. Scrap dealers love them, they're very desirable. Used to run the undercarriage show at a Deere dealer, we had three scrap outfits drooling over us, all we had to do was call them when the bin was half full.

  6. #6clintm2016-10-29 15:19

    Been using them for years.

  7. #7Birken Vogt2016-10-29 16:22

    If you have a really big paper threatening to blow away in the wind....

  8. #8bushcat2016-10-29 19:11

    The tracks work great for dragging logging/bush roads

  9. #9headrc2016-10-30 11:57

    What have you "Been using them for years." as clintM?

  10. #10clintm2016-10-30 14:37

    wear block's on buckets and such

  11. #11aog_allen2016-10-30 16:10

    Upside down they make a great "curb" to park against or standing them on their side in a "U" shape makes for a great permanent loading ramp.